GGG - Kaoms needs to be looked at, you ruined it directly and indirectly.

I posted this on general discussion and upon second thought, figured you guys would see it here more likely than there. I'm not sure how often you check the forums, but, I'm sure you check this forum more than the general discussion. :)

So in the old tree, legacy kaoms was insanely overpowered, 1000 life with 300%+ life nodes.

Now that both have been nerfed, Koams is no longer a desired item for any build except for RF, and even then, 6 link belly of the beast is the best in slot for RF.

Kaoms has fallen from grace, and has an insanely rare drop rate for such an undesired item currently.

Something needs to change, the item needs to be buffed or the drop rate.

Even the -legacy- kaoms might need to be buffed since it allows no sockets and 1000 life in the nerfed life tree is not very good.

Please GGG - don't let Kaoms fall from grace, it's a staple item in POE. I've been playing since april 2012 and ever since then I thought "Man it would be awesome to have a Kaoms".

It's such a cool item with extremely interesting drawbacks (no sockets). I think it's still one of the best designed items ever created.
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
Last edited by Semune on Sep 17, 2014, 8:45:34 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Alea wrote:
yes, but with shavronne you can still shave it...

Huh?

I think I missed something here.
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
belly of the BEST >>> kaom

even a RF-er now wont want to use kaom, they need the 5/6l to use cyclone with life on hit and curse on hit, and also to proc EE

cyclone with life gain on hit+dual curse+EE >>> 40% increased (haha) fire dmg

apparently they compensated by lowering the rarity tier kaom heart is in. still doesnt justify its crapness now.
Fuck kaoms, its boring
Yeah, Kaoms needs some serious re-working. In its current form, it's nothing but a cool skin transfer.

Reverting to 1k Life might be sufficient.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Agreed.

The rarity and downside of Kaoms is unjustified for the bonus it provides.

Kaoms could be just brought back to 1000 life in the current state of the game. But that could easily backfire if further changes are going to happen.
^ Yup. This is just begging for the worst kind of power creep.

Don't worry, stock up on your Kaom's now. They will be more in demand again when the moving target aligns with the stars. I am sure at some point, base life per level will be nerfed to ~2/level and we'll have 600% increased life on the tree, at least for three to four months ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Personally, I'm happy that they have left Kaoms the way that it is in the current state of the game. If you want to do the math in terms of price, a 6L Belly of the beast costs more than a kaoms, seeing as you don't have any reason to bother with socketing and fusing it, while still providing 5 top flat life rolls in a single chest AND 20%~40% increased fire damage. Currently in beyond, you can get a kaom's for around 8~10 exalts, while a 6L belly would cost you close to 20 ex.

Point being, Kaoms should not always be the BiS for a life based character, and yet it still is a pretty amazing piece to have for a life/fire damage based build. And previously before this patch, nothing even came close to comparing to it.
Last edited by JaJudgement on Sep 18, 2014, 1:29:03 PM
"
JaJudgement wrote:
Personally, I'm happy that they have left Kaoms the way that it is in the current state of the game. If you want to do the math in terms of price, a 6L Belly of the beast costs more than a kaoms, seeing as you don't have any reason to bother with socketing and fusing it, while still providing 5 top flat life rolls in a single chest AND 20%~40% increased fire damage. Currently in beyond, you can get a kaom's for around 8~10 exalts, while a 6L belly would cost you close to 20 ex.

Point being, Kaoms should not always be the BiS for a life based character, and yet it still is a pretty amazing piece to have for a life/fire damage based build. And previously before this patch, nothing even came close to comparing to it.

I disagree with this:
1) Belly of the Beast is about 10000x more common than Kaoms
2) Any sockets and links on BotB make it more useful than Kaoms. You don't need 6L.

The only case where Kaoms would be superior to BotB right now is if you had a build with literally no use for any sockets/links on a chest and fire damage was a must have stat even more than life.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info