DC and Rip while making a Docks Instance

"We can not restore dead hardcore characters or lost items for any reason. This is a general policy and we do not make exceptions. "

I'd like to preface this message with that line right from you guys. I know I will not get anything back but that isnt going to stop me from 1. reporting what just happened and 2. complaining about it. so lets get onto #1.

I do not consider this the usual "you dc'd in a pack and died" since ... when is there ever a pack right on the wp; the game should have logged my character out during the invoulnerability time you get when entering a map; just so much is f!!king wrong with this.

I just ripped my last Beyond character (not even 5 mins after i drained my currency tab gearing it and gained 1200 hp/about 75% mana regen) And here's what happened. I was standing in Merc A3 town. I made a docks instance for myself; i was not in a party and hadnt been in a while. The client crashed (as it does now and then) before i had the chance to move.

My character is a SRS build and i do not use other minions so zombies couldnt have aggro'd any mobs to me. When i loaded the client again my character was in SC.

TL;DR - I made a docks instance, dc'd before moving or even getting off the loading screen, i relogged and im dead.

This is the third in a row of bullshit deaths for me; i had quit after the last one and some friends and guildies convinced me to come back. Not again.

If you are willing to re-instate my character and all of its items within 24 hours i will continue to play, because that was the most bullshit death i can even imagine. I know you wont, I'm just giving you guys at GGG an opportunity to do this right instead of just copy pasting a blanket rule that doesnt really make sense in this case. Giving me my character back does not break anything; it'd show that you as a company f!!ked your code up, aknowledged, ADRESSED THE PROBLEM, and moved on. Items lost for any reason arent given back on HC so if you're going to give me "if we reinstate you it undermines the whole rule!" well... how bout those items you broke and gave back in takeout tabs? that undermined it a lot more than my case.

If not, I'm done; there isnt enough time to level, farm, gear, re-farm, and be back where i was in the league and every source of income has basically run dry with the amount of shops open now, and the 3+ people doing dom/piety runs per difficulty.

~Edit: Oh hey look, archeage just came out yesterday. At least when you guys fumble this one and decide to do nothing I'll have something to do.
Last edited by ExaltedExile1 on Sep 17, 2014, 8:56:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Did you try to move before you crashed? Only thing I can think of is that the server registered the "click" to move before you d/c'd, and that cancelled out your immunity.

Either way - sucks big time. Been there done that deleted several higher level standard characters that died in hardcore leagues due to glitches.
"
Did you try to move before you crashed? Only thing I can think of is that the server registered the "click" to move before you d/c'd, and that cancelled out your immunity.

Either way - sucks big time. Been there done that deleted several higher level standard characters that died in hardcore leagues due to glitches.

its not about the level of the character; its about the fact that all i did to get killed was make a F!!king docks instance. Im aware that if you're lagging and you click during a loading screen it can rarely disable the invouln and ive been aware of that for a long time, so i usually dont even touch my mouse during loading screens. but beyond that the crash should have logged me out; i should have been invouln, and there should have been no monsters close enough to the wp to aggro.

My character hasnt been restored (what a surprise) even though the rules state ANY ITEMS OR CHARACTERS LOST FOR ___ANY___ reason will not be returned... yet how many items did GGG break and return to players this 3 month when they were getting master mods sorted out? yeah thats what i thought - they only give players back items that they feel like giving back instead of following their own rules.

on a side note, Lvl 14 in archeage and enjoying it so far... its got some bugs on its launch but not even close to the crashy buginfestedness that is poe over a year after its launch. (mind you the fact that they didnt have enough server slots to accomidate their paid players on their "headstart" is just a 10/10 fail. about as big of a fail as a company only restoring what they feel like then saying "NO ITEMS FOR ANY REASON will be returned")
Last edited by ExaltedExile1 on Sep 19, 2014, 10:50:07 AM
"
ExaltedExile1 wrote:
My character hasnt been restored (what a surprise) even though the rules state ANY ITEMS OR CHARACTERS LOST FOR ___ANY___ reason will not be returned... yet how many items did GGG break and return to players this 3 month when they were getting master mods sorted out? yeah thats what i thought - they only give players back items that they feel like giving back instead of following their own rules.

The items that were restored just recently was a one off, literally because they put the server up and noticed within minutes that there was a problem, the game was taken down and they went over their database to restore the missing items...if it had not been noticed for an hour they wouldn't have done the restore.
The characters the restored due to a bug was the same deal, small time frame not many effected caught very quickly.

They haven't done any other restore since the launch to open beta(january last year) and that was only one person.

In your case the "the client crashed" is totally on your end assuming that when you say crash it was to the desk top...the game dose not crash...hasn't in a very long time, the things that make it crash are user end problems(sound card drivers, low ram, 32 bit OS, gfx drivers out of date etc)

Just because they have made an exception in certain cases (and these were mass problems that occurred in a very short time frame and effected very few people)
Dose not mean they will restore anything for anyone, you shouldn't expect it, you can ask but really don't go all hissy fit because you don't get what you want.

Now if you have a bug to report, go read the sticky and make a proper post and maybe something will get fixed and you won't see it happen again.

If not support should move this to feedback...because that's all this post is.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 19, 2014, 11:08:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info