BSOD at Merveil

I have been getting this error from playing this game, and its the only game so far that has done. Played company of heroes 2 and Eve online for hours and this never happens.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80107AF390
BCP2: FFFFF8800FA807A0
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

It happens pretty much every time when I get to merveil's lair and everyone once in a while in other areas at random. When this happens the computer just restarts and get a pop up saying that Windows recovered from an unexpected shut down with the above additional details. I have done some research and know that code 116 is graphics related. I have a Geforce GTX 570 VGA card. I have tried both old and new drivers with the same result. I have reinstalled drivers, removed, dusted, and inspected the graphic card and where it plugs in and everything looks good. I even put in an older Zotax graphics card and the crashes didn't occur. I'm wondering if this is a known issue and if there is a fix or if its a sign that my graphics card is pooped.
Did you tried video driver clean install?
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Yes, from new to old driver to installing with Nvidia experience to full blown reformatting to installing POE on different drives. The only time it didn't happen was when I was using my friend's Zotax graphic card.
Last edited by Bigschwang on Sep 17, 2014, 4:40:01 PM
Check your video card cable or change it for different if you can
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Sep 17, 2014, 4:45:31 PM
The cable is fine and all the connectors are seated properly. I've considered it might be a lose connection or bad wire but that wouldn't cause the same problem to happen every single time I enter Merveil's lair. I also had a program to monitor the temperature and it sat at 35C at idle and 38C after a restart.

I just think that since it happens under a certain condition despite the few randoms elsewhere, I doubt its a loose connection.
Last edited by Bigschwang on Sep 17, 2014, 4:51:56 PM
Do you have it overclocked by chance? The Merviel fight has alot going on you could be hitting a wall on your card...idk about the other area's unless it's also causing you to hit a wall, could be possible if there is a lot going on at once...just a suggestion.

Last edited by justinmm1988 on Sep 17, 2014, 5:31:09 PM
Nope nothing is overdocked everything is still on default, the computer doesn't even ramp up or anything and I don't even get to see Merveil. It happens right after the area loads and my character takes a step or 3.
Last edited by Bigschwang on Sep 17, 2014, 5:27:45 PM
Hmm, idk! I have a MSI Twin Frozer 680 heavily overclocked and ive not had one single crash and I have over 1000 hours logged, ive been randomly dc'd a few times however! lol

Either way that has got to suck cause I imagine you can't get past her to progress.
Funny thing, I was on Facebook and I noticed that the random videos people post on walls were literally in slow motion, it dawned on me that I hadn't installed adobe flash player and was just on a default chrome. So I installed the newest update to the flash player, restarted my computer, checked videos on youtube and played at normal pace so I figured I'd trying Merveil again and I've managed to kill her 3 times thus far without it crashing. So pretty thrilled!! but rather odd.

Edit: Scratch that it just happened again...Argh T.T
Last edited by Bigschwang on Sep 17, 2014, 5:54:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info