Planning EB MOM Crit Firestorm Templar [NEED HELP!]

Hello fellow Exiles!

...well how do I start, since I allways loved firestorm I wanted to play something a bit different...

I allways used witches and was going CI after I was able to but this time I want to make a life based build plus also adding crits since firestorms meteors are raining down like theres no tomorrow!

So next thing I did was opening my PoE - Passiv Tree Planner and checked the notes around the Shadows, Witches & Templars area.

Shadow had all the nice crit notes, same with the witch but both lacked the "increased duration" notes I wanted to use so badly for firestorm + my defensive setups I came up with (will explain later!) so I ended up picking a templar.

Next thing was I started creating the build BUT never really came up with a decend "around 100 points used" build and thats why I am here to ask for your help!

Passive Tree:
(This is just the "way" I would like to go with this character, I know it need alot optimization and that why I'm here again)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO1BGBt5CJjC52AKU8abBNxgziFfew4na4Wb16lFE3vfBo4pwgkqslnBLOiAKeE2CSPRtrdNunwHwJxkFU2xVtZ42rAGh8Cn7RZ8wQHWK6sqoPbTLMzhyftVcYtH5eVrrMdvvxLxPY6WJUgUlNBlgPubBY8LWsXwfM9X9D1hxnGrrzqgh6io7c-wFTbC3_GD8T-CmpDCPR-WRGWO3zYvQ5IBx64yjWSY0Nd8qIulS618nDVUELw1W6qidOMNo_6SVFfmHBSVUvr9VltYeJknc8yJpXyHVAw215Bh_no

Looking at the passives I took all the life notes I came across + crit INCLUDING stav crit notes because I'm going to use a "Pledge of hands" as my weapon!

Chest should be clear, it'll be the Cloak of Defiance.

As headgear, hands & boots ES gear with life & res.

Lets talk about the GEM-setups I came up with

Main DMG-setup, firestorm:

Spoiler
Pledge of Hands (lvl 30 spell echo) + Firestorm + Faster Casting/Fire Penetration + Concentrated Effect + Increased duration + Life Leech + Power Charge on Critical.

Auras + Buffs:

Spoiler
Clarity + Dicipline + Arctic Armour + Reduced Mana Cost

Defensive setups:

Spoiler
Enduring Cry + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Increased AoE

Vaal Molten Shell + Increased Duration + Life Leech + Immortal Call

If ur wondering, I'm going to activate Enduring Cry, Immortal Call & Vaal Molten Shell manualy!

Curses:

Spoiler
Assassines Mark + Increased AoE + Increased Duration + Enfeeble

Assassines Mark for a higher chance to crit + extra power charges.
Enfeeble for stronger packs or strong bosses.

Flasks:

Spoiler
I would like to go 1 or 2 Granite of Ironskin as "oh shit button" against strong physical packs or strong physical ranged packs/bosses if I need to.

2x Life Flasks with bleed removal cuz who does not hate bleed?! D:

1x Quicksilver Flask with a remove effect of choice + for more movement speed since I wont use a movement setup.

Well I guess thats it for now...

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this & also your help!

Hopefully read ya & dont die if ur playing HC!

Greez, Zahkriisos !!! 8-)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Sep 18, 2014, 12:49:42 PM
I dont think increased duration affects Enduring cry's endurance charges, i could be wrong :)
First of all thx for answering! :)

Increased duration is mainly to increase immortal call, vaal molten shell & firestorm duration (for stacking the meteors) :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Sep 17, 2014, 11:10:34 AM
ah Ok, its just the way its listed above. As it linked to the enduring cry it wont do anything will it? as it doesn't extend the life of the charges

Spoiler
Enduring Cry + Spell Echo + Increased Duration + Increased AoE

"
Mageofsin wrote:
ah Ok, its just the way its listed above. As it linked to the enduring cry it wont do anything will it? as it doesn't extend the life of the charges

Oh it does not?!
Thx for telling me that cuz I honestly did not knew it does not increase the duration! :O
Well, guess I have to look around for another gem to replace it with... :)

EDIT: Replaced it with Faster Casting.

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Sep 17, 2014, 12:49:09 PM
NP glad i could help
Thx again! :)

So someone could help me with the tree?! X_X

My main issue with FS in high lvl content was fast moving targets. And there is no shortage of them. The DPS was fantastic if mobs were not moving. So i built a facetanker. Another option is temp chains or something like cold snap. Also, cybils paw synergizes fairly well with FS reaching a few hundred life/sec against packs. My version was similar to yours with a small, CE firestorm and max block (cybils!) pre 1.2. But it was non crit. Dps got iffy around 74-75 maps.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
My main issue with FS in high lvl content was fast moving targets. And there is no shortage of them. The DPS was fantastic if mobs were not moving. So i built a facetanker. Another option is temp chains or something like cold snap. Also, cybils paw synergizes fairly well with FS reaching a few hundred life/sec against packs. My version was similar to yours with a small, CE firestorm and max block (cybils!) pre 1.2. But it was non crit. Dps got iffy around 74-75 maps.

I experienced the exact same thing with my FS CI witch except I wasnt using Cybils.
I began to "predict" my enemys moves to compensate for that, worked quite well except for those freaking fast moving exiles... X_X

"
BackwoodsS wrote:
ive been working on a similar build too. i haven't gotten a cybils paw yet tho, but as for the fast moving mobs im using the unique gloves that cast temp. chains on hit and its working nicely so far. im only at lv 55 so far. also im using 3 dragons for my helm and i love the shock it gives for fire and even tho FS is small hits the shock duration is just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info