Will my 80% death due to bad pc stop with these PC specs?

Hey.

POE takes maybe 5-7 minutes to start up.
All except 1 death was due to strongbox lag or other PC lag in beyond.
Most deaths in POE being due to PC lag has made playing HC almost impossible for me, and I only play HC.

So I finally decided to upgrade from:

Intel Core i7cpu 930@2.8Ghz duo core, 4 GB ram and a 5 year old harddrive

to

New motherboard + Intel Core i5 3470 Quadcore 3.2Ghz, 8GB ram + Kingston 120GB SSD drive

I also recently upgraded my video card to AMD Radeon 7800. Not sure if its relevant but Im also reinstalling windows (first time in 5 years)

Should this suffice to no longer die to strongbox lag and spend a decade loading into the game and new zones? I dont know much about PCs, my friend reccomended these parts based on my budget. I just want to stop dying from PC lag :(

The video card is the bottleneck when loading strongboxes and heavy spell effects. What's your specific video card?
I actually have pretty much that system bar the SSD and i do get some very very minor pauses on opening but you are looking at a fraction of a second...not really enough to be deadly.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
http://www.amd.com/en-gb/products/graphics/desktop/7000/7800

Thats my video card but that cant possibly explain my UBER lag when opening strongboxes, because that videocard is the ONLY new thing on my pc :P
I was asking for the specific model, not which series the GPU comes from. Seems there are only 2 cards in that series, so either way, it looks like you have a decent card. The SSD will make loading screens noticeably faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info