[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
MildlyClever wrote:

Couple of Qs: Is Cleave a viable AE skill to keep up?> I like it very much, especially with the life from hit gem linked to it (levelling other one up too - not linked yet).

How do I use the Weapon elemental damage support gem? I mean what skill should I link it to for that to take effect? Thanks (for now I have it in weapon (one red socket only on weapon) to level it up while I get more socketed items etc

thanks again.

Glad you are having fun!

To add to what's been said....

Cleave - never been able to get it to do what I'd consider "good" damage end game. Some people have. Concentrated effect is a popular support to use with it. Life gain on hit is logical but you do lose a bit of potential damage as you could place a damage related support there instead. Life gain on hit is not really needed once this build is complete. (it would not benefit me much currently, for example) Good for leveling up with though.

Weapon elemental damage support - often only applies if you have a weapon that does elemental damage. For example, your current axe has 1-24 lightning damage on it. WED would boost that somewhat. Often not worth the high mana multiplier of this support gem. Have to have a pretty specific elemental based build for this support to shine. As you know, I'm big on physical damage as supports like "melee physical damage" seem to boost damage so much more, at least for me.
ah thanks seiferoth10 and Savyn.

I am currently using cleave a lot and the double strike (dex) skill. Will keep eye out for support gem drops ( I seem to get a lot of attack gems - mainly int based heh)
"
MildlyClever wrote:
Thanks Sovyn.
I use Cleave for the AE effect, I am using the other green/blue gems as filler skills as I dont have red sockets to put in that molten shield one yet.

Dont use cleave with only 1h weapon.
Find 2 fast weapon foil/rapier and use cleave with as a test and you stop use cleave with 1h.
When i level a new templar (yes i did die again) ill probably use cleave until level 40 or so with 2h weapons.

If you want a AoE skill to use with 1h weapon, make a ranger, go into town select reave-gem and put it in stash and move it to your templar.

"

Couple of Qs: Is Cleave a viable AE skill to keep up?> I like it very much, especially with the life from hit gem linked to it (levelling other one up too - not linked yet).

With that great gloves i would not use life on hit gem linked. Any +damage gem is better.

"

How do I use the Weapon elemental damage support gem? I mean what skill should I link it to for that to take effect? Thanks (for now I have it in weapon (one red socket only on weapon) to level it up while I get more socketed items etc

If you find any ring/amulet that is +lightning/fire/cold a WED gem helps your dps alot. Using fast attack weapons make it even better. But since you have 2% leech on physical damage on mana and hp, i would rather try to find melee physical damage gem+rings+amulet... allthough your belt is great with 20% higher WED as base...Its a fine tuning all the way, save nice +damage rings to test, even if they are blue. same goes for +resists rings, having a ring that gives life and 50% resist vs a element is great to have in the stash for fights you know have lots of cold/fire/ele damage...

//Another Dead Hiero...that shouldnt play hardcore because he couldnt sleep in the middle of the night
Last edited by Hierokliff on Aug 31, 2013, 4:27:16 AM
Is it bad if I get one-hit by Kole at level 70?

I got quite a surprise when it happened today after deciding to try farm Lunaris instead of Docks for a change. I forgot to use Enfeeble and my gratis pretty bad (been using Perandus shield since day one!).

Perhaps it's finally time for a gear upgrade... *glares at Molochmane and Borislav's amazing equips* ;)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff

upgraded/changed some gears - I used that currency orb to link up the three red sockets in the chestpiece (got it in first try ! they were all un linked in beginning)

I am on the lookout for the gems mentioned - increased physical dmg etc.

thanks again
"
MildlyClever wrote:
ah thanks seiferoth10 and Savyn.

I am currently using cleave a lot and the double strike (dex) skill. Will keep eye out for support gem drops ( I seem to get a lot of attack gems - mainly int based heh)

I'd encourage you to stick a heavy strike gem in an unused red socket to level up, so that you can compare later on. Reave too, as Hiero mentioned.
"
Hierokliff wrote:

//Another Dead Hiero...that shouldnt play hardcore because he couldnt sleep in the middle of the night

Poor guy... you still make it farther than I would. :)

When I wake up groggy and play, I sometimes position my left hand incorrectly and hit the letter keys instead of the number keys when I need a flask heal. Thus I end up deactivating my auras and die instead of getting the expected heal. Happened twice. OK, that's my confession.
"
maffa50 wrote:
Is it bad if I get one-hit by Kole at level 70?

I got quite a surprise when it happened today after deciding to try farm Lunaris instead of Docks for a change. I forgot to use Enfeeble and my gratis pretty bad (been using Perandus shield since day one!).

Perhaps it's finally time for a gear upgrade... *glares at Molochmane and Borislav's amazing equips* ;)

Kole is definitely a gear and level check. I think when I was level 70 he could two hit me if I was unlucky. At level 75 and with just a tiny bit better gear, I facetank him with ease. Life is 2700 or so, armour 34%, evasion 34%. Block 75% of course. My enfeeble is only level 7, but it does happen to have 9% quality, which helps.
Thanks - I use heavy strike (it is in my weapon socket now),

I have reave also - I realise now from tool tip it's dmg is more than cleave ( I am slow).

Last edited by MildlyClever on Aug 31, 2013, 6:11:19 PM

I'm doing 12k DPS with IB, Melee Splash, Multistrike, and Mana Leech gem.

Do you have any advice on making this stronger or faster?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info