[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Posting an update. Bought a few things on the way and oh boy, I'm liking the new weapon with a higher attack speed. I'm getting to love my toon, the double strike has become my bread and butter and started to used heavy strike again when i'm dealing with infernal golems (to prevent them rolling lol !). This time with the anvil, better boots & shield, I can move around faster than usual. I've been successfully going on self found lvl 71+ maps with some scary mods (vulnerability, extra projectiles,etc) with success. With 9 K dps with the anvil, I had been tearing mobs without a sweat.

For now, I'm still looking to improve on my gear, a better ring, gloves, boots of course. And I can't seem to get rid of the belt because the stats are too useful for me at the moment, when I found a gear that fills that slot...I'm afraid it's gonna stay with me for a very long time.

Spoiler
Man, that gear makes me jealous dude. :( How many exalts/chaos did you spend on that?

@Borislav: Hehe, yeah you never swore to that, true. But you did really like the helm! :D
Last edited by Xiaoyen on Aug 28, 2013, 5:50:51 AM
didn't get lvl 77 map, but got this

recording right now =)

Uploading video. Didnt see lot of problems there

my current gear

video is up but do remember it is booooorrring
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
Last edited by Borislav on Aug 28, 2013, 1:06:58 PM
"
Molochmane wrote:
Posting an update. Bought a few things on the way and oh boy, I'm liking the new weapon with a higher attack speed........And I can't seem to get rid of the belt because the stats are too useful for me at the moment, when I found a gear that fills that slot...I'm afraid it's gonna stay with me for a very long time.

Thanks for the update!

Good weapon - 298 DPS is great.

Belt - perhaps you could find mana leech on an upgrade ring, as that's perhaps the key, but I'm sure you need intelligence as well - yep, hard to replace.
"
Borislav wrote:

recording right now =)

Nice video! I enjoyed it. Another great example of how good dominating blow can be.
Link to my latest video on YouTube

This morning I decided to show how powerful this build can be vs. Kole.

In the video, I defeat Merciless Kole twice in one minute while taking no damage. OK, the annoying add made me take a little damage.... picky, picky. :) This is with 100% self found gear only.
"
Borislav wrote:

recording right now =)

my current gear

omfg Boris... how the hell do you run DB with so low mana??? O___O Wow... And I thought BoR does not allow a chest?

/respect. That kinda gear will take you places.

@Sovyn: 2 Koles back to back? Or was it a bug?
Last edited by Xiaoyen on Aug 29, 2013, 3:00:27 AM
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

omfg Boris... how the hell do you run DB with so low mana??? O___O Wow... And I thought BoR does not allow a chest?

This is for infinite mana for skills, BIS item i think because there are better phys weapons but non have "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks", with it i don't have to use mana lich anywhere and i can use 6 auras at the same time, there is one drawback i cant use curses or any non melee skills.

And chest is for leveling gems, it's stats doesn't count.
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
"
Borislav wrote:
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

This is for infinite mana for skills, BIS item i think because there are better phys weapons but non have "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks", with it i don't have to use mana lich anywhere and i can use 6 auras at the same time, there is one drawback i cant use curses or any non melee skills.

Ohhh... so in between all that very very fast attacks, there are actually normal hits mixed in. Now I see!

By the way, you CAN use a chest but the stats and gems cannot be used, but cannot be levelled? Is that how it works? Or NO chest at all?
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
"
Borislav wrote:
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

Ohhh... so in between all that very very fast attacks, there are actually normal hits mixed in. Now I see!

By the way, you CAN use a chest but the stats and gems cannot be used, but cannot be levelled? Is that how it works? Or NO chest at all?

No, Soul Taker allows you to still use melee attacks at 0 mana. It still drains your mana when you use Dominating Blow (or whatever melee skill you use), but when your mana reaches 0 you'll still be spamming Dominating Blow thanks to Soul Taker. Effectively you get to remove blood magic (or mana leech) from your melee skill and replace it with a dps gem, that's why Soul Taker is so godly and everyone wants one.

And yes, you can have a chest equipped along with Bringer as long as you have the chest equipped first, then put on Bringer. The stats don't count and you can not use the skills in the chest, but the gems will still gain experience and level like normal.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Aug 29, 2013, 12:16:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info