[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thank you for this excellent guide. I'm a pretty casual player who always plays spell casters but this build has been really fun so far.

I have reached level 45 and got the skill gem Wild Strike as a drop. Just for fun I swapped out Static Strike to test it out. I now love Wild Strike!

Sorry to sound like a complete noob but is there a way that Wild Strike could work with this build into higher level content? I did a little research into Wild Strike but found it hard to understand exactly how the skill works. All I know is that it is a lot of fun to use :)
Hey Sovyn, how does ranger,duelist,marauder fare to templar when it comes to ascendancy?
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
"
Dobster wrote:
Sorry to sound like a complete noob but is there a way that Wild Strike could work with this build into higher level content? I did a little research into Wild Strike but found it hard to understand exactly how the skill works. All I know is that it is a lot of fun to use :)

It is fun. It will kill monsters just fine. However, blade flurry is better.

This is a mechanical difference, wild strike usually uses the inferior multistrike targeting system, and so it distributes your damage to the back and to the front as there are often enemies in both directions. Plus, you can't really attack from range as you can with blade flurry, so death is more likely, which can be a setback after level 90 or so.

Also, wild strike abilities all scale on different mods that we don't really get into, only the initial basic melee strike would be scaled by most of the mods we have. So the skill can be hard to really optimize.

When I have tested clear speed in maps, wild strike is definitely second tier at this time.

Sure does look nice though.
"
haxers wrote:
Hey Sovyn, how does ranger,duelist,marauder fare to templar when it comes to ascendancy?

They will all work, more or less. I would say that the guardian is the closest to the inquisitor in terms of overall power. When comparing the guardian to the inquisitor, you are just shifting things around a bit for pretty much the same end result in terms of defensive stats and clear speed (although I do think inquisitor has a slight edge here).
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 18, 2017, 8:37:08 PM
hi sovyn, have any ideas about upcoming glacial hammer upgrades? with 2 jewels converting our damage to 100% cold, how woould the tree look like?

aegis aurora + doryani catalyst is BIS i guess
Last edited by classiQ on Feb 19, 2017, 7:00:53 AM
SOVYN why i only have like 4k dps ?? i have good build please help me xd
Is there an alternative elemental build?
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Feb 23, 2017, 5:46:21 PM
"
jy03154586 wrote:

Edited: Please see Sovyn's post below for explanation on how this build is considered "elemental" in second nature.

Last edited by haxers on Feb 22, 2017, 9:08:25 PM
"
jy03154586 wrote:

New uniques for 2.6. Seems the second wep suits your style :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info