[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi, i really love this build but i have some problems on maps cause i'm dying all the time..

I need some advice, could anyone take a look?
Currently level 81 - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pioweg/characters
"
how are you sustaining on mana? without warlords and the leech, its very hard to keep up mana and life leech. I do not see anything on the tree... halp! im playing self found, atm so this is what I have to work with:

It seems like you have no mana leech specifically in your gear (your amulet says more leech, but not leech itself). I found mana problems and I decided to craft mana leech on my gloves. Goal was .04 mana leech but I got 0.36 and it seems to be enough. So get some actual leech on that gear!
"
how are you sustaining on mana? without warlords and the leech, its very hard to keep up mana and life leech. I do not see anything on the tree... halp! im playing self found, atm so this is what I have to work with:

You must have a mana leech ring somewhere in your stash as Kojack mentioned. (Romira's Banquet is my choice as it's worth a ton of DPS as well.) Also it is possible to get a Veridian jewel with mana leech, you could do alts on a Veridian jewel if you are really set on staying self found. 2.59% chance. Or just use mana flasks and perhaps drop herald of ash for low level Clarity but that's a less ideal option. Playing self found is always a balance of compromises. Let us know if you have any further questions.
"
pioweg wrote:
Hi, i really love this build but i have some problems on maps cause i'm dying all the time..

Currently level 81 - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pioweg/characters

Sure, set your character tab to public and I'll be happy to take a look. Account privacy settings. Or you can link your gear.

I can tell you already though that if you are dying the issue is you haven't upgraded gear in a long time and you don't have maxed elemental resists, enough life on your gear, not much block on the shield and a low DPS weapon.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vailolchiensi/characters
I need some advice, too. Plz take a look.tks
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
pioweg wrote:

Sure, set your character tab to public and I'll be happy to take a look. Account privacy settings. Or you can link your gear.

I can tell you already though that if you are dying the issue is you haven't upgraded gear in a long time and you don't have maxed elemental resists, enough life on your gear, not much block on the shield and a low DPS weapon.

Sorry about that, now it's set to public.

Well that's the point, i have solid gear in my opinion, max on resists (besides chaos ofc) and still struggling a lot on T5,6 maps. Thanks for any help and quick answer, really appreciate that.
I find my tanking much better with Aegis Aurora shield (less than 5k armor total but lots of ES) than with Lioneye's Remorse shield (more than 10k armor).

The decreasing value of reduced damage hits kinda hard. I believe Lioneye is better for bosses and Aurora better for multiple monsters.
Last edited by Tygra_Moonfang on Mar 22, 2016, 1:24:12 PM
"
vailolchiensi wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vailolchiensi/characters
I need some advice, too. Plz take a look.tks

If you are having any trouble I suggest copying my current gear and skill tree exactly from the first page as that is a wonderful setup. I smash highest maps with zero problems. Nothing is very expensive there. Just take the 90 tree and drop Purity of Flesh. You will get to 90 before you know it anyway.
"
pioweg wrote:
Sorry about that, now it's set to public.

Well that's the point, i have solid gear in my opinion, max on resists (besides chaos ofc) and still struggling a lot on T5,6 maps. Thanks for any help and quick answer, really appreciate that.

What stands out to me is that you have almost no life on your gear. Gloves 80+, belt 90+, ring 70+.

I don't know if Forbidden Taste could give you a problem considering you have no chaos resist. I'd swap that for an Atziri's Promise instead. More damage and helps with chaos monsters too. Your life flasks could have quality but that's minor.

Get Augury of Penitence. Merciless Lab is easy.

Find a jewel with a ton of resists and no block and get those two block nodes at Sanctuary instead of the resists nodes. Make sure your elemental resists are maxed in merciless. That Fulgent Blood DPS jewel is not doing much for you maybe 2-3K dps at most, sacrifice that.

You must have 6 unspent skill points or you missed a bunch of quest rewards. See about that as 6 points would mean a ton more DPS for you. The 3/10 nodes near Retaliation cost only 1 skill point if you remove the shield defenses node. Those are worth 3100 DPS in the hideout to me. Great for 1 point. Next four points would be Galvanic Hammer. Last point and next level, Blunt Instrument. You'll be killing much faster and safer then.

Edit, noticed one more small thing, you didn't quality your bringer of rain. Helps a little.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 22, 2016, 1:46:38 PM
Afternoon Sovyn! God I can't tell you how much I'm loving this build. I'm about halfway through A4 Cruel finally. The little struggles I had, completely went away when I found the Hatred gem. Someone in global was actually nice enough to pick it up for me. I'm still trying to find an upgrade to my weapon, just got this fist weapon..

That I was trying out before I had to go to work. The damage is a little lower than the axe I was using previously, but it hits faster and has more crit. I may just stick with it until I find better. Before, bosses and some yellow mobs were taking a long time to kill.. they just take a few seconds now and my gear still sucks, I think.

If you care to see how I'm doing: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/frenzul/characters

I'm still self found, if that is what you call it. I am just trying to learn the game before I spend/trade with anyone. So I do have a question, since I'll be finishing A4 Cruel as soon as I get home..

Will I start finding maps soon?
Do you have any suggestions where to start with them?

Thanks as always.

edit: I'm pretty much relying on my Lions Roar flask for survival.. which I only seem to struggle with still, at Perandus chests with that have champions or exiles.. (blue/red mobs). Other than that, I don't seem to take damage from much. I still haven't found a great jewel and I'm trying to figure out if its a good idea to use that unique necklace I have in my inventory (Lahzwar or whatever). A 5L will probably help a lot too I imagine, but still not really having issues with damage and I don't use mana at all it seems.
Last edited by frenzul on Mar 22, 2016, 3:55:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info