[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thx a lot Sovyn,
I have bought the Lightning Coil & Abyssus!
Need to find adjust the rest.. :)
Last edited by Xou on Dec 28, 2015, 2:42:30 AM
"
Xou wrote:
Thx a lot Sovyn,
I have bought the Lightning Coil & Abyssus!
Need to find adjust the rest.. :)

Congrats, you won't be sorry!
Today's guide update:

"
12-28-2015 -- Updated Cyclone and Reave info

Finally updated this info for 2.1. The screenshots are obviously taken with some high end gear to show what the build can do so don't be discouraged if you can't match that level of DPS -- the skills still work great with lower tooltip numbers. Admittedly I didn't pull out the taste of hate and lion's roar flasks though like some guys do for their screenshots. Nevermind an aura bot. Stuff gets pretty crazy then.
Is the 6 link armor for static is a must?
"
pawe1991 wrote:
Is the 6 link armor for static is a must?

Not at all, it just adds a bit more DPS.
Hey guys. Currently lvl 78 on Talisman Hardcore, using a slightly altered version of this build.

I found it very safe to use for leveling, but BORING as F*** when I reached lategame (not enough damage). I then decided to try out Bringer of Rain, since it works as a cheap 7-link basically, and also grants us 6% block. It upped my damage by 250%, and I'm now blasting through maps with 4k hp, 75% block, 53% spellblock, capped res, 20%chaos res, and 21k tooltip dps (more like 30k dps raw).

Oh 1 more thing: Bringer of Rain also automatically refreshes endurance charges, so I constantly got an additional 12% phys dmg reduction!

Here's my current gear, in case someone was wondering:

So, capping resists and especially chaos resist, is quite hard when your build needs 4 uniques to work (with only 1 of them having any sort of resist). I found that buying jewels with 9-10 all res AND 1% block chance, helped out a lot! I also took a couple 15% all res nodes to make it work.

Once I get my Doryani's, my DPS should spike again, but I'm still a couple ex short of that.

Best of luck out there
Last edited by Cryknight on Dec 28, 2015, 9:39:00 PM
"
Cryknight wrote:
I found it very safe to use for leveling, but BORING as F*** when I reached lategame (not enough damage). I then decided to try out Bringer of Rain, since it works as a cheap 7-link basically, and also grants us 6% block. It upped my damage by 250%, and I'm now blasting through maps with 4k hp, 75% block, 53% spellblock, capped res, 20%chaos res, and 21k tooltip dps (more like 30k dps raw).

I've switched to Abyssus and Lightning Coil 5-link. It smokes bringer of rain for DPS but at a higher cost. Still cheap. Should update my current gear. Anyway, any melee build requires a decent weapon and Doryani's Catalyst is great, only 1ex. Biggest upgrade you can do.

Edit, Oh, hardcore. Yeah, pricey stuff, my bad. No one wants to risk Atziri there apparently. I wouldn't. (Two Doryani's for sale vs. a zillion on regular talisman)
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 28, 2015, 10:48:27 PM
Should I take all the crit nodes and then spec out of RT at around level 90 or spec out of RT after I get the rest of the life nodes above amplify?
Here is my gear atm:

I have a Romira's Banquet but haven't made the transition to crit yet.
Last edited by HIJKLMNOPQ on Dec 28, 2015, 11:07:39 PM
Just passed through Act 3 Cruel last night and was able to get all of my 4L defenses set up and man, the build is really showing its merits at this point. Even with mediocre gear, I've melted everything I've come across without batting an eye - and static strike is still in a Four link.

Pretty impressive Sovyn...almost three years of fine tuning the guide and it certainly shows. This is the build I recommend to all the new players in my guild who don't know what to do, and it allows them to immediately love PoE, so thanks for the constant attention you've given it.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Dec 29, 2015, 8:51:15 AM
"
HIJKLMNOPQ wrote:
Should I take all the crit nodes and then spec out of RT at around level 90 or spec out of RT after I get the rest of the life nodes above amplify?

The life/chaos nodes help you to be more tanky. I noticed you have no chaos res on gear so the 20 chaos res from those nodes makes a noticeable difference when fighting chaos damaging monsters.

If you don't mind dying a bit more often you can go for DPS instead of tanky stuff. Chaos monsters can be skipped if you know what you are doing. Killing monsters (considerably?) faster does increase your survivability as well.

So either way really!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info