[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey Sovyn

you know, I switched ethereal knives for discharge, changed the auras to herald of ice and thunder + blasphemy with warlord's mark (sometimes switched to poachers mark for slightly more crits, but I think discharge works better with the % life and mana leech for sustain)

I equiped rats nest to give myself a bit more of crit and balanced my items to keep maxed res

I thought that romira's banquet would prevent any lightning explotions from discharge, but I was mistaken, with blood rage, warlord's mark, daresso's defiance and romira's banquet, I almost instantly kill big groups of enemies, depending a bit on luck, but it never takes long.

You might want to take it for a test drive, heh, not sure if my auras are the best in this case, I switched Hatred for the heralds so the bonus damage would apply to cyclone, bladefall and discharge.

For someone who doesn't get performance issues, this might be a very nice option, I just keep moving while everything in my path dies without having to stop and rarely having to comeback for a second pass at the stragglers.

Notes:

- Under my last setup I haven't tested maps higher than lvl 76, but on those enemies die quickly
- I did try a map lvl 82 before my latest optimizations and enemies died quickly but with higher density I got a lot of performance issues (see next point below).
- The biggest drawback, is performance, I died twice to the lvl 82 map because the screen just paused for around 5 seconds and then when it resumed I was dead, if this hadn't happened I know I would have been able to survive with pots and/or movement.
- Single target might be the weakest part, bladefall helps balance out vs those with high elemental resistance though even with a single enemy, the power charge discharge keeps going thanks to romira.
- A plus: since you are better off with a dagger, you get to use whirlwind blades for movement & fortify application.

So those are more detailed notes on a lazy pally discharger, in case someone else wants to try
"
weberto wrote:

you know, I switched ethereal knives for discharge

- I did try a map lvl 82 before my latest optimizations and enemies died quickly but with higher density I got a lot of performance issues (see next point below).

Thanks, I did try discharge in 2.0 but haven't tried in 2.1 yet.

I also noticed the performance issue with crit bladefall, this with a top intel i7 CPU...

I've now been testing poison instead of elemental stuff with a Bino's and the new support gems.

Viper Strike too but it needs splash and multi which takes two support slots.

The good thing about Bino's is it's a lot cheaper than a good rare dagger. I paid 1ex.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 17, 2015, 5:22:00 PM
Bro, first of all I want to thank you, because as a new player in that game, I was lost and you helped me find my way!

I have only one question for you.

Is everything in your first post updated? (in page "1")

The reason I'm asking is, because I follow your guide in every detail (at least until I figure out what is best for me by my own) and recently there was a major patch in game.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
"
SirKeldron wrote:
Is everything in your first post updated? (in page "1")

Welcome, SirKeldron! Yes the guide is current. There are a lot more viable gem/weapon combinations now but what I have in the guide is probably still best overall. Still investigating, as always.
Thank you very much!
You are the man :)
I started this as my first PoE build ever, back in 1.x. I summarily screwed it up completely and was too frustrated and uneducated with the finer points of crafting to fix it; built a LA ranger instead and after many different builds haven't truly played melee since. Fast forward two and a half years, and with quite a bit more in-game knowledge (mistakes) under my belt, I'm coming back to my roots. I can't wait to get started, and I'm so happy to see this thread sitting at almost 500 pages! Off I go to create a new Templar...
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
I'm coming back to my roots. I can't wait to get started, and I'm so happy to see this thread sitting at almost 500 pages! Off I go to create a new Templar...

Congrats! You will find that this build is better now because GGG did some things for us, such as adding damage to some of the block clusters and more defenses from equipped shield plus better melee skills in general with built in area of effect which saves a support gem slot for more damage.
Hey i've got one question :) Is there a way to play the spec with a 5L red without losing so much dmg ?

mfg
"
Mrzeus553 wrote:
Hey i've got one question :) Is there a way to play the spec with a 5L red without losing so much dmg ?

mfg

Certainly but you need Abyssus. That means you need lots of resists on your other gear and jewels. On HC you would need lightning coil and purity of lightning instead of herald of ash. This is a setup I've been experimenting with.

Alternatively you can use a tabula and again, lots of resists on your other gear to compensate.

Third option is a corrupted 6-link rare chest which is usually pretty cheap and socket colors can be fixed with level 8 vorici as long as it's an armour base type.
Hi Sovyn,

First, THANK YOU for the lazy paladin !!!!

your Guide is awesome, i´m playing with bringer of the rain...currently level 87, only 4 dies...

But always with resolute technique, i have looted a +1 curse ring

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre's_Damning

My Favorite curse is WARLORD mark, for the second one i think ASSASSIN mark for 3 power charges

and i quite resolute technique what do you think of this option ?

Good day and fun play !

Vilnior

LUCK is not a factor !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info