[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Gulášek wrote:
have you seen the recent prices of lapis amulet 4% chance to block? I'll never have that kind of currency. Maybe I could buy +2 or +3 if lucky. I was thinking (I haven't gone trough all the pages so correct me if I'm repeating something you already discussed) What about +2 chance to block in gloves

Hi Gulášek!

Yes, the 2% block gloves are mentioned in the guide albeit very briefly, and yes, either a 2% Lazhwar amulet or 2% gloves or the Anvil (cheapest route) will work for max block. For gloves you just need to find a nice rare with an open suffix then you can master craft it with Haku. Not too too bad if it rolls 1%, it's removable and try again eventually but in practice the 1% difference is not noticeable.
"
LilChenChen wrote:
made some passive skill changes

Well my friend, I think losing 9% block and 60% defenses from shield is probably worse than gaining some % armour nodes here. The life is OK but I probably wouldn't take the blood magic keystone. I'd probably go with Herbalism, Devotion and Endurance if you don't want to go crit by that level. Something like this. The armour nodes are actually not that great, the stuff that will get you is not physical damage in my experience. There is 110% defenses from shield over by the ranger start anyway which would give the armour nodes a run for their money anyway with the recommended lioneye's shield. Don't forget that killing more quickly is a factor for survival as well, that's why the build is balanced the way it is. Sorry but more life nodes won't help you to AFK through this game, there are "gotchas" that will kill you no matter what passive skill tree you use. I listed some of them in the FAQ section.
"
Memnokkh wrote:
I love this build! I'm level 80 and I feel like my damage is not nearly high enough so any advice would be great!

Memnokkh, I think you are not yet high level enough to be getting the crit nodes. If you want to do more damage now, I'd respec into something like this: linky

Basically remove Disemboweling, the 3 INT nodes, and a 40% shield defenses node and take RT again, Blunt Instrument, the 10/3 damage nodes by Retaliation and Strong Arm.

Next you would want to get two rare rings with life and high physical damage rolls.

Next save up for a corrupted 6-link armour based chest that if you were patient would run you around 2-3 ex. Socket colors do not matter as long as it is a straight armour base item as it is easily corrected with level 8 Vorici. Add in high level added fire damage in the 6th socket.

Also get an Atziri's Promise flask for 1 chaos.
"
Well my friend, I think losing 9% block and 60% defenses from shield is probably worse than gaining some % armour nodes here. The life is OK but I probably wouldn't take the blood magic keystone. I'd probably go with Herbalism, Devotion and Endurance if you don't want to go crit by that level. Something like this. The armour nodes are actually not that great, the stuff that will get you is not physical damage in my experience. There is 110% defenses from shield over by the ranger start anyway which would give the armour nodes a run for their money anyway with the recommended lioneye's shield. Don't forget that killing more quickly is a factor for survival as well, that's why the build is balanced the way it is. Sorry but more life nodes won't help you to AFK through this game, there are "gotchas" that will kill you no matter what passive skill tree you use. I listed some of them in the FAQ sectio

Yeah, I read everything in your first post.

Yes, that's kind of the thing that I'm thinking about. My main concern with block is because block is luck based, so I can't rely on it too much on hardcore. I want for the hp nodes because I think it's a safer choice against mobs that would otherwise 1-3 hit kills you with crits, or whatnot. I might block it, or I might not and die. Over a long time, rng will happen and I don't want to just rely on blocks, even 83% block.

I like your choice of endurance charge allocations better than mine.

The unyielding looks great because the 20% reduced damage is scaled directly off the damage dealt in critical strike. In a way, this is better than say +20% hp because if you already have +200% hp, you only gain 6.7% more hp. Also, hp only matters when I'm about to die, which is probably when I get hit by strong crits.

My logic of taking the blood magic is so I can also get the extra 3 high hp nodes, and I can switch my mp flask for a hp one so I can start spamming hp flasks and log out if anything happens.

"
Don't forget that killing more quickly is a factor for survival as well, that's why the build is balanced the way it is.

I don't plan to intentionally put myself into scenarios where I need to kill fast to survive lol. If I find myself into anything that looks risky, I will probably just immortal call or flask up and log off.

Please tell me what I am not getting?
Last edited by LilChenChen on Nov 26, 2015, 9:19:38 PM
"
LilChenChen wrote:
The unyielding looks great because the 20% reduced damage is scaled directly off the damage dealt in critical strike. In a way, this is better than say +20% hp because if you already have +200% hp, you only gain 6.7% more hp. Also, hp only matters when I'm about to die, which is probably when I get hit by strong crits.

My logic of taking the blood magic is so I can also get the extra 3 high hp nodes, and I can switch my mp flask for a hp one so I can start spamming hp flasks and log out if anything happens.

I don't need a mana flask at high level. You can get mana leech on jewels or rings or gloves. You won't make it down to BM before high level anyway. Also using BM will suck away some of your life regen which could keep you alive. Also you can't use any auras so your damage will be terrible. Just too many downsides.

As for unyielding, it's not what you think it is. It only reduces a crit by around 5% (a little more on Powerful Crits monsters) because of how the math works. It's not bad but not great either.
Okay I get it now. Thanks for your explanation. Last question, what do you think about purity of flesh?
"
LilChenChen wrote:
Okay I get it now. Thanks for your explanation. Last question, what do you think about purity of flesh?

Top notch choice but only if you are a crit build getting Galvanic Hammer eventually. Otherwise too many points spent on travel, unfortunately. Puts a little bit of additional pressure on getting expensive chaos resist gear for sure.
Thank you for the quick and detailed reply. I just altered my skills as you suggested and my damage went up significantly. Now to get some better rings and armor and level this guy up.
"
Memnokkh wrote:
I just altered my skills as you suggested and my damage went up significantly.

Great! Glad I could help.
Yo, Sovyn! Amazing build! Really enjoy facetanking everything! :D Already lvl 91 and almost best equip. As there is upcoming new global changes to tree, will you update build? Don't want to make a mess in the tree :D:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info