[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
fumomas wrote:
"
Triggers -
First Cast on Damage Taken - Leave this trigger gem at level 1. I recommend linking this with Enduring Cry and Molten Shell.
Second Cast on Damage Taken - Level this trigger gem up. I recommend linking this with Immortal Call and Increased Duration.

I dont understand this part,dunno how works cast on damage taken and which means the first or second

I just link all this gems to cast on damage taken or what? plis....
thank you

You can use 2 cast on damage taken trigger gems. The point of not leveling one of them up is that you want it to trigger often. The higher the triggers go, the better but slower they go of. For curses and molten shell, you only need level 1 afaik.
Spectral Throw is best used as a AoE skill with at least a LMP attached. Second support would be faster attacks.

Heres how mine is linked ATM..

If i come across a slower projectiles i would swap out added fire damage.
If you have the gem just pop it on an open slot and get it leveling.

The AoE is huge, and the mana cost how I have it linked at the moment is only 22 mana.
"
Liquidated wrote:
Oh well hmm spectral throw just dropped normal archive.... sort of underwhelming at level 1, was there something it needs to assist? Prolly sleep deprivation at work!

Find a Lesser Multiple Projectile, slower projectiles, faster attacks, added fire, weapon elemental damage or such...
Its a bit different to use then our normal stand still and hit them in the face skill. Works silly well if you throw 2-3 away then go 1-2 steps back so the mobs walk towards you when the spectral weapons keep on hitting them in the back while they walk. Maybe not the main skill to pick for ultra-lazy-templars :)

Atm i also learn to use the shockwave totem with it, having them being moved by the totem while the spectral weapons eat them...

spectral throw is great against midranged enemies where your weapons twirl 1-2 extra times on their heads before they turn back.
"
qualopeqh wrote:
A little update...

The fun of playing this build, made me to start crafting. I play selffound and so i dont have much currency.
First i took a look at my sword. Nice damage and nice attackspeed. The best one i ever found.
I got only 5 exalted orbs, but i decided to use one on this sword.
Maybe it sounds funny to those, who are rich, but for me it has been an exciting moment. :-)
And it gave me the added phys damage!

Hi qualopeqh! That is really an amazing sword for self found (299 DPS). Well done. The shield is not bad either.
"
Oh well hmm spectral throw just dropped normal archive.... sort of underwhelming at level 1, was there something it needs to assist? Prolly sleep deprivation at work!

So your playing at work? Are they hiring lol
"
Liquidated wrote:
Just curious if it would be unwise to nab the 5 points included in the pink box (attack speed and 2% block) before dumpster diving the defensive skills heading east.

Won't hurt to grab berserking early, but you will need Ondar's for any serious mapping. At least *I* would not leave home without it. :) There is also a ton of evasion to be had between the dex and the 60% increased defenses from equipped shield near the ranger area (I suggest an evasion shield as per the guide), and a couple good life clusters and 20% damage. It's actually hard to beat for the number of points, I've tried many times. It just looks far, but actually not so much as the traveling nodes are spaced far apart.
"
wenlock wrote:
I am loosely playing this guide but decided not to venture into ranger area. I will miss out on the double projectile evade, but I have blind gem attached to a spectral throw. So I am basicly blinding the entire sreen so projectiles are are barely an issue. I'm going to use all those points saved to invest into more damage nodes. Working great so far in early mercy.

Great! Let us know how you get on in maps. :)

PS I'd still suggest the ranger area block and life nodes, even if you don't go for Ondar's. You would be surprised how hard it is to get 10% block, 60% increased defenses from equipped shield, 30% physical damage, 110 dex, and 62% maximum life elsewhere on the tree without actually spending MORE points. :)
"
fumomas wrote:
"
Triggers -
First Cast on Damage Taken - Leave this trigger gem at level 1. I recommend linking this with Enduring Cry and Molten Shell.
Second Cast on Damage Taken - Level this trigger gem up. I recommend linking this with Immortal Call and Increased Duration.

I dont understand this part,dunno how works cast on damage taken and which means the first or second

I just link all this gems to cast on damage taken or what? plis....

Hiro pretty much covered it. I'll just say that you want enduring cry to cast often and immortal call to cast less often, when you take more damage, as it uses up the endurance charges.

Here is a link to the wiki where you can see a few examples of the total damage taken to trigger, depending on the gem's level.

"
wenlock wrote:
Spectral Throw is best used as a AoE skill with at least a LMP attached. Second support would be faster attacks.

Heres how mine is linked ATM..

If i come across a slower projectiles i would swap out added fire damage.
If you have the gem just pop it on an open slot and get it leveling.

The AoE is huge, and the mana cost how I have it linked at the moment is only 22 mana.

I just started testing spectral throw.

Yes, the size of the AOE is nice, and the mana cost is good, almost as low as heavy strike. I can't say I'm a huge fan of running away from monsters though to maintain range for optimal damage on the return pass. Tried leap slam to jump to the other side of packs to have the boomerang return damage overlap the pack a second time, but the duration of my spectral throw proved too short to make it work. Perhaps with more practice.

I only have my level 8 spectral throw linked with level 15 added fire damage and level 4 9% quality LMP. Tooltip DPS is 300ish. The kill speed is very pathetic compared with heavy strike so far, but I'll keep experimenting. I think I have a junk 5L chest in the stash that I can try. What is the DPS with your setup? :)
Currently I'm dying a lot but I don't blame the build, but my equipment. My passive tree is currently the same as the level 34 you have in the main page. I was thinking I'do go with the current shield until I get a Corrugated one like the one you said in the main page, but that's level 46, which means I have 13 levels yet to go. What do you suggest to keep me alive for the next 13 levels? Also the mana drains super fast. Thx.

GEAR
Spoiler

FLASKS
Spoiler
1 Eternal = 2 Exalted (ex)
1 Exalted (ex) = 10 Gemcutter's Prism (GCP) = 22 Chaos = 220 Chromatic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info