Vaal Spark Boss Killer In High Maps

"
Teroof wrote:
Why use Vaal Spark with GMP? Considering other similiar skills wouldn't it just shoot 154 sparks? Fork sounds like a much much much better idea.

V spark comes out in a series of many rapid fire casts. Gmp effects each of these casts individually. The difference with GMP is obvious when you see it.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
With trap and placed correctly every single spark projectile will hit the boss. so depending on the damage roll of the skill itself, it will instant kill pretty much any boss.

A more reliable one is vaal fireball + trap + fire pen + conc effect since the damage output is more stable. This one wrecks pretty much all bosses. if you can spare 2x 5-links (staff build) throw in lmp for shits and giggles.

Vaal storm call has a very different set-up then arc, so i would not utilize it with that. it's good for single target burst if your arc, but that's about it.

The real kicker with vaal storm call comes when you put skill poins in the increased duration nodes in the passive tree and in AOE.

It goes up to +- 8 seconds duration and can cover roughly a screen wide of support dps, by the time it is over, you can use it again. Combined with a crit build it's lovely to watch the storm enter.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Teroof wrote:
Why use Vaal Spark with GMP? Considering other similiar skills wouldn't it just shoot 154 sparks? Fork sounds like a much much much better idea.

Vaal Spark fires 150 times, not 150 projectiles. GMP results in 750 projectiles.
If you're not echoing your vaal damage spells, you're doing it wrong.
IGN: Ghured
Vaal Spark, GMP, Lightning Pen, Spell Echo/Trap, Empower, Fork? ^_^
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
Teroof wrote:

Vaal Spark fires 150 times, not 150 projectiles. GMP results in 750 projectiles.

Sounds like a fucking great way to die to reflect.
"
Slisk wrote:
Hey guys,

I am currently using an arc build and have been thinking about incorporating Vaal Spark to kill bosses in high maps. I was thinking about a 5L with: Vaal Spak + GMP + Lightning Pen + Trap + Added Lightning Damage

Have any of you had experience with a Vaal Spark combo in high maps against bosses? Does this skill scale well in the end game with multiple support gems?

Note that my setup would be strictly for single target boss killing, which is why I do not link fork.

Let me know what you guys think

So you throw the trap right without Clever Construction and then the boss aoes it down - there goes your idea .
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
Teroof wrote:

Sounds like a fucking great way to die to reflect.

Fucking rofled on that one.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
"
Dulalala wrote:
Vaal Spark, GMP, Lightning Pen, Spell Echo/Trap, Empower, Fork? ^_^

4,500 projectiles in a single cast: you crash so hard you can't reconnect for the next nine months.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
skaterboy80 wrote:
"
Slisk wrote:
Hey guys,

I am currently using an arc build and have been thinking about incorporating Vaal Spark to kill bosses in high maps. I was thinking about a 5L with: Vaal Spak + GMP + Lightning Pen + Trap + Added Lightning Damage

Have any of you had experience with a Vaal Spark combo in high maps against bosses? Does this skill scale well in the end game with multiple support gems?

Note that my setup would be strictly for single target boss killing, which is why I do not link fork.

Let me know what you guys think

So you throw the trap right without Clever Construction and then the boss aoes it down - there goes your idea .

Yes i tried it and that's what happens in many cases. The trap gets destroyed by aoe before it can be triggered. It really sucks big time to see all those souls you collected go to waste.

Clever construction or don't bother with the trap gem. Replace trap with spell echo.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 18, 2014, 6:41:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info