How do you actually get level 75+ maps to drop?

"
ixthUA wrote:
Firstly i use alchemy orb on the highest map i have, if i don't have alchemy - use alteration and augmentation until map gets 30%+ quality. Then i place it to Zana's device for extra 4% quality.
Second - i noticed that in PoE map and uniques (brownies) drop heavily depends on the server clock. Server clock is the core of the RNG (drop generator), so depending on actual time items may or may not drop, regardless of the map quantity. Like if drop chance is within 10 to 99 numbers (90% drop), yet server clock keeps rolling numbers 0-9 in a row (that is how digital rng works) - drop won't happen. Solution to this is to make gaming sessions longer, so you get in the period when "positive" numbers are generated - maps and uniques will start to drop one after other (better to speed up farming when this happens).
Third, i collect all maps dropped and exchange them for higher level ones.
Fourth, i always fully clear the map, including boss and forsaken master's task.
These steps allow me to maintain a pool of lv74+ maps, though i mostly do lv75-77 maps.

RNG is dependent on the server clock, yes, but on a matter of microseconds. There is no way to game it like this. Please nobody pay any attention to this guy's terrible advice.
"
Stacker wrote:
RNG is dependent on the server clock, yes, but on a matter of microseconds. There is no way to game it like this. Please nobody pay any attention to this guy's terrible advice.

That is probably just your opinion, since i see no theory or data to back it up. You could probably back it with some theory, yet practice is always different.
Ever tried upgrading gear or looting something rare in other mmos? It is based on the same rng, yet you loose $cash$ for each time it fails - no place for theories.

Btw, where do you get microseconds from? Common PC's use milliseconds.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ixthUA
Last edited by ixthUA on Sep 17, 2014, 7:26:06 PM
"
I chiseled and alched my maps starting at lvl 71-72. This is the only way I was able to move up in map level. You should be aiming for 90% or higher quantity, ideally with magic monsters/pack size.

Keep in mind, you can also run maps unidentified for a 30% item quantity bonus. You can easily get unid blue maps by transmuting maps then vendoring a set of 3. I'd only do this on your lower level maps.
Would a CI character be wise to run un-ID's maps? (ie: blood magic)
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
ixthUA wrote:
"
Stacker wrote:

That is probably just your opinion, since i see no theory or data to back it up. You could probably back it with some theory, yet practice is always different.
Ever tried upgrading gear or looting something rare in other mmos? It is based on the same rng, yet you loose $cash$ for each time it fails - no place for theories.

Btw, where do you get microseconds from? Common PC's use milliseconds.

A microsecond is a thousandth of a millisecond - milliseconds are not quite precise enough to form a truly pseudo-random function. It is possible that GGG uses microseconds, or even some other time-related CPU measurement, I don't know their architecture.

The rest of your post makes no sense, I can't even respond to it.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Kay... you can think of buying another map as adding 100% quantity to your map since basically, you are doubling the maps you do.

So chiselling plus alching and chaosing costs probably around 3 chaos + per map for less than 100% quantity. If the map is worth less than 3 chaos, just buy another map.

That's how i see it too. Except i take into account i might get a map drop 2 levels higher than the map i am running. Those maps might be worth more than 3 chaos. In that case it was well worth alching and chiseling.

You cannot just look at the map you have to look at what can possibly drop too.
"
Stacker wrote:

A microsecond is a thousandth of a millisecond - milliseconds are not quite precise enough to form a truly pseudo-random function. It is possible that GGG uses microseconds, or even some other time-related CPU measurement, I don't know their architecture.

The rest of your post makes no sense, I can't even respond to it.

1. Firstly you said my message is terrible, but now you refuse to explain your point of view, saying my message makes no sense to you, contradicting your first statement, != logic.
2. My question was not 'what microsecond is', yet you didn't answer where do you get them. I did a small search and found out how to get more accurate than a millisecond numbers in pc, yet it does not solve digital rng generator issue.
3. Your input is still 0, even criticizing is not constructive.

Regarding evaluating a map - i don't think anyone did at least 100 runs with alchemed map and then another 100 with a transmutated map, counting all drop from each run. Sometimes i get 125% quantity on a yellow map, which makes a big difference compared to a 40% blue map. I don't ever use chaos orbs on maps though.
I tried using transmutation before, but it caused me to loose my map pool.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ixthUA
Last edited by ixthUA on Sep 18, 2014, 8:34:08 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Kay... you can think of buying another map as adding 100% quantity to your map since basically, you are doubling the maps you do.

So chiselling plus alching and chaosing costs probably around 3 chaos + per map for less than 100% quantity. If the map is worth less than 3 chaos, just buy another map.

That's how i see it too. Except i take into account i might get a map drop 2 levels higher than the map i am running. Those maps might be worth more than 3 chaos. In that case it was well worth alching and chiseling.

Nah, since +2 maps can also drop in the map you buy. You just look at the base map.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Nah, since +2 maps can also drop in the map you buy. You just look at the base map.

That is of course 100% correct. I don't know what i was thinking.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 18, 2014, 12:59:48 PM
just go slowly up while building a map pool , if your playing beyond it's very easy now with the beyondmonsters and masters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info