How do you actually get level 75+ maps to drop?

idk if it's been mentioned but, if you vendor 3 maps of the same level and name to a map with +1 level (so 3 lv66 crypt maps becomes a lv67 cemetary map.)

it takes a lot of maps, in the way that upgrading low runes to high runes in d2 became exponentially more demanding, but i've found that i can pretty much permanently run 68+ maps solo and so all my 66s and 67s have been slowly working their way up towards a 70.

also, alch maps. you get a lot of item quantity which means more currency (possibly uniques too) which means eventually you can just flat out buy 70+ maps.

grouping is another good way to get free maps, i rarely see people charge for lv69 and below.
"
I chiseled and alched my maps starting at lvl 71-72. This is the only way I was able to move up in map level. You should be aiming for 90% or higher quantity, ideally with magic monsters/pack size.

Keep in mind, you can also run maps unidentified for a 30% item quantity bonus. You can easily get unid blue maps by transmuting maps then vendoring a set of 3. I'd only do this on your lower level maps.

Never do this on 71-72. By alching, you are potentially wasting a chaos as well which is more than what the map is worth if you bought from other players.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
alexvsevil wrote:
idk if it's been mentioned but, if you vendor 3 maps of the same level and name to a map with +1 level (so 3 lv66 crypt maps becomes a lv67 cemetary map.)

it takes a lot of maps, in the way that upgrading low runes to high runes in d2 became exponentially more demanding, but i've found that i can pretty much permanently run 68+ maps solo and so all my 66s and 67s have been slowly working their way up towards a 70.

also, alch maps. you get a lot of item quantity which means more currency (possibly uniques too) which means eventually you can just flat out buy 70+ maps.

grouping is another good way to get free maps, i rarely see people charge for lv69 and below.

In a group, all map drops are allocated to the player who created the map (I.e. put it into the map device and activated it). The only exception to this are unique maps which can allocated to anyone. Thus the only way you can get maps from running other people's maps is if the group creator sets free for all or short allocation ... unlikely if the group leader is the map creator which is the norm for group mapping (but not map rotations).
Last edited by f4sak3n on Sep 17, 2014, 3:32:24 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
I chiseled and alched my maps starting at lvl 71-72. This is the only way I was able to move up in map level. You should be aiming for 90% or higher quantity, ideally with magic monsters/pack size.

Keep in mind, you can also run maps unidentified for a 30% item quantity bonus. You can easily get unid blue maps by transmuting maps then vendoring a set of 3. I'd only do this on your lower level maps.

Never do this on 71-72. By alching, you are potentially wasting a chaos as well which is more than what the map is worth if you bought from other players.

Just to clarify, what is it that should never be done? Is it the chisel+alching of 71-72 maps or the transmuting and vendoring of 3 maps for an unid one?

I currently alch and run 70-72's.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
It is not worth while to alch 70-72 maps. I didn't start alching until I hit 75 as my highest maps and most don't alch their maps until 76-78. Chiseling is not recommended either until 76-78 maps.
"
alexvsevil wrote:

if you cant mantain a 68 mappool you are doing something horrible wrong
common mistake is ppl play their highest maps first

it comes down to having a stable 66 pool 67 68 69 if you do it solo without buying maps it takes a long time till you have a stable 73+

when you reach 70 maps you start to chisel them and roll packsize/champions
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 17, 2014, 7:32:17 AM
"
dezahp wrote:
It is not worth while to alch 70-72 maps. I didn't start alching until I hit 75 as my highest maps and most don't alch their maps until 76-78. Chiseling is not recommended either until 76-78 maps.

I don't know how people can maintain a map pool of 72+ maps if they don't alch or chisel before 75 or even 76. I run out of even 72 maps if I run all of them blue (which usually means 30% on average, and less if it's packsize).

Do you buy maps?
I'm trying to sustain 70+ now and it's hard. Alt for pack size works, but I have bad RNG the last few days and it's taking 20-40 alts per map, so the cost is too much. I started alcing instead but it averages 60% quant and I rarely break even on maps, I refuse to chaos at this map level unless it has real bad mods as 70 maps aren't even worth 1 chaos.

I bought 20x 71's looks like I will need to buy more, and more alcs

Hopefully more currency rolls in, I was lucky to find a Drillneck to sell, but moving stuff on Standard is very hard
Firstly i use alchemy orb on the highest map i have, if i don't have alchemy - use alteration and augmentation until map gets 30%+ quality. Then i place it to Zana's device for extra 4% quality.
Second - i noticed that in PoE map and uniques (brownies) drop heavily depends on the server clock. Server clock is the core of the RNG (drop generator), so depending on actual time items may or may not drop, regardless of the map quantity. Like if drop chance is within 10 to 99 numbers (90% drop), yet server clock keeps rolling numbers 0-9 in a row (that is how digital rng works) - drop won't happen. Solution to this is to make gaming sessions longer, so you get in the period when "positive" numbers are generated - maps and uniques will start to drop one after other (better to speed up farming when this happens).
Third, i collect all maps dropped and exchange them for higher level ones.
Fourth, i always fully clear the map, including boss and forsaken master's task.
These steps allow me to maintain a pool of lv74+ maps, though i mostly do lv75-77 maps.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ixthUA
Kay... you can think of buying another map as adding 100% quantity to your map since basically, you are doubling the maps you do.

So chiselling plus alching and chaosing costs probably around 3 chaos + per map for less than 100% quantity. If the map is worth less than 3 chaos, just buy another map.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info