How do you actually get level 75+ maps to drop?

I was playing 66 maps, and if I got lucky a level 70 or 71 map might drop. Thinking that it gets incremental, I used these level 70+ maps and... they dropped level 66-69 maps. Shouldn't they drop higher level maps so the player can progress? Like perhaps level 73-74, and it goes on from there until 78.

Am I misunderstanding something here?
When your mapbase is small you want to alch lower 70 maps to make the most of them. You rely on having a base to fall back on since while getting higher maps is relatively reliable now, you shouldn't be depending on a handful of maps to do so.

Or you can just trans + alt and run a greater quantity if your build can't handle alch and go maps.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 16, 2014, 4:39:22 PM
Maps can drop any level of map that is lower, equal or up to 2 levels higher than their own.

So to get 75+ maps you'll have to do atleast 73s.
All your questions answered here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977

Specifically, the way to get higher lvl maps than your current map is to drop is from champions (can get +1 lvl maps) and rares/unique/rogue exiles (can get +2 lvl maps). All the other map drops will be at level or lower.

Corrupting a map also has a chance to produce a +1 lvl one; it happens about 25% of the time.

Increasing the monsters in the map and the quantity of the map is the way to increase the map drops. Your quantity bonus on gear is irrelevant.
Doomed for Life
"
SirDragos wrote:
All your questions answered here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977

Specifically, the way to get higher lvl maps than your current map is to drop is from champions (can get +1 lvl maps) and rares/unique/rogue exiles (can get +2 lvl maps). All the other map drops will be at level or lower.

Corrupting a map also has a chance to produce a +1 lvl one; it happens about 25% of the time.

Increasing the monsters in the map and the quantity of the map is the way to increase the map drops. Your quantity bonus on gear is irrelevant.

I've scanned through the resource you posted. While extensive in description, I'm not sure if it is specific in instructions on how to move your pool of maps up tier levels. To put it simply, am I encouraged to alch my highest level maps, and in so doing procure the greatest chance of having even higher level map drops? Some simple rule of thumb perhaps?

I'm new to this map currency theory, so forgive my ignorance.
Last edited by Hayrich on Sep 16, 2014, 6:16:07 PM
Remember that three maps of the same kind (e.g. 3x Orchard) will give you one map of the next tier. So if you're swimming in low level maps, you can combine some of them (by selling them to the vendor).

Even if you follow all the recommendations, there is still the random luck element. I've had a map drop 8 maps (without a lockbox), and I've run eight maps in a row without a single map drop.
"
Mivo wrote:
Remember that three maps of the same kind (e.g. 3x Orchard) will give you one map of the next tier. So if you're swimming in low level maps, you can combine some of them (by selling them to the vendor).

Even if you follow all the recommendations, there is still the random luck element. I've had a map drop 8 maps (without a lockbox), and I've run eight maps in a row without a single map drop.

This is useful information, now I can convert my glut of 66 maps upwards.

At the moment I'm resorting to buying maps from Zana. She does offer level 70-71 maps at level 6.
Never buy 70 or lower from zana - much cheaper from other players, spam 66-69 white until a good amount of 69s, run em blue for 70ish and then keep doing blues until about 75+ where you may want to alch if the map pool is looking low.

Alternatively, the easy option is buy around 10 72s and do em blue.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 16, 2014, 6:46:43 PM
I chiseled and alched my maps starting at lvl 71-72. This is the only way I was able to move up in map level. You should be aiming for 90% or higher quantity, ideally with magic monsters/pack size.

Keep in mind, you can also run maps unidentified for a 30% item quantity bonus. You can easily get unid blue maps by transmuting maps then vendoring a set of 3. I'd only do this on your lower level maps.
IGN: Warp_Nine
"
Hayrich wrote:
Shouldn't they drop higher level maps so the player can progress? Like perhaps level 73-74, and it goes on from there until 78.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

No, you're not mistaken, you're expected to get your 73+ maps here:

http://poe.xyz.is/search/etamomgahosaur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info