All you need is one good stab...Not

Wall of Text incoming!

A bit of feedback regarding slow weapons/spells. Every time I play Shadow, his phrase always gets me.
All you need is as many stabs as you can fit in one second would be more appropriate.

I made a Templar, Crit Staff to be precise. Was lots of fun until I hit middle of Merciless when hitting enemies with low attack weapon became a big issue. Common solution here would be just stack Attack Speed and throw Multistrike on top of it, problem solved. More hits = much better chance to hit plus you can leech life like there is no tomorrow. Or just take RT. The thing is, I wanted this character to land few heavy smashes to clear the mobs not dozen of lesser blows. Damn, I am wielding a Staff, look pretty badass and want to swing that staff one two times and shatter the world around me. Not really possible. Accuracy is basically what is killing the fun. I deal enough damage to handle the monsters but if I miss one or two attacks in a row I can get swarmed quickly plus it looks really silly trying to hit something with big staff and missing;/

Seems like the solution offered here is like I said Multistrike/Faster Attacks for melee attacks and Spell Echo/Faster Casting for spells. Arc is the best example here, links it to these and you are sorted. works for most spells as well. Kinda "lame" way to do it is my personal feeling. I would like to see some love for "one hit, one/many kills" characters, perhaps in a way of introducing support gems for heavy hitters?

I retired my Templar for now and run Ice Nova Character without faster casting supports but I am afraid that once I get the 5l I will need to add it to my links (Faster cast, more freeze and chill more damage...yawn).

Anyway, hope you can understand what I am rambling about. If you got any extra feedback/advice on this please let me know I am always happy to learn something new.

Mad.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Have you tried the accuracy support gem for your crit staff?
If i am not mistaken, quality on it gives increased crit chance as well.

Although in later end game it probably wont do well enough,
and you make a valid point,
but for the sake of the fun in your build, it should improve it.
Even the unstoppable force can not break the unbreakable wall.
You can only leech from one source at a time. So unless you have Vaal pact speed doesn't really help you leech faster. If you use life gain on it you will get more with speed of course.

Melee splash is what you want if you're going for big physical hits, you don't have to go multistrike on everything. I am running a heavy strike melee splash maul marauder right now and it is very satisfying to smash whole mobs in one swing.

Yes you have to maintain accuracy if you want to crit. Crits are better served by speed though as you noted. If you want the big hits go rt and stack damage. If you want big hits and crits... Yeah you're gonna struggle. That is just how the game works.

Big hitters got a huge boost with herald of ash. When something barely survives at the edge of a splash hit then you crush it for tons of overkill damage...so good!
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Yes, Accuracy gem was the last thing I tried. It does improve the hit chance but it was still about 83% if I remember correctly. Problem is you sacrifice a gem slot for bit more chance to hit. To get it higher I would basically need accuracy on every possible item.
I AM MAD
"
mucker wrote:
You can only leech from one source at a time. So unless you have Vaal pact speed doesn't really help you leech faster. If you use life gain on it you will get more with speed of course.

Melee splash is what you want if you're going for big physical hits, you don't have to go multistrike on everything. I am running a heavy strike melee splash maul marauder right now and it is very satisfying to smash whole mobs in one swing.

Yes you have to maintain accuracy if you want to crit. Crits are better served by speed though as you noted. If you want the big hits go rt and stack damage. If you want big hits and crits... Yeah you're gonna struggle. That is just how the game works.

Big hitters got a huge boost with herald of ash. When something barely survives at the edge of a splash hit then you crush it for tons of overkill damage...so good!

I did have Glacial Hammer/Melee Splash/Melee Phys/Accuracy. I run Both Heralds with Hatred. Problem is that when you dont hit your initial mob you dont splash around.
I AM MAD
It would be really nice if there were more gems that allow for heavier, slower hits. There's only multistrike and echo and the 100 different ways to fill the screen with projectiles. Vaal skills are the only thing that currently allows for a single big attack and they have too restrictive a charge mechanic to be built around.

Why can't we have "concentrated strike"? "Spell overcharge"? "Aimed, single, non-screenfilling projectile"? Currently even these super high speed supports end up being the most mana efficient ways to attack, moreso than attacking slower. It's no wonder that 2handed melee is left in the dust.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Use Herald of Ash + Ele Prolif. One heavy shot to kill all mobs. Pick RT if you have low crit chance/accuracy.

Once I use Kaom's Primacy with Flicker Strike + Blood rage and HoA + EP. For white mobs, one teleport usually kill all the mobs.

But I agree that 2 hander melee should get more love. I imagine a skill that enable a Marauder/2H sword Ranger to run at 60+ increased movement speed (like shield charge) while swinging the weapon right and left, killing everything in the way. Or maybe a ranged melee with weapon, like Brutus with his chain attack. Drag a rare boss close then attack with fast combo.
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
Last edited by IndoBerlian on Sep 16, 2014, 10:58:29 AM
Wooser69 - this is what I basically mean, some love for slow hitting weapons, preferably support gems. Concentrated strike sounds pretty good:)

SmallGiant - this is the issue. I don't want RT and I have around 50% crit without charges, it is the accuracy that is causing the problem. Slow hitting staff attack with good damage and high crit is simply negated by chance to hit and the current solution is to make it attack faster.
I AM MAD
Building a crit character on the left side of the tree is gear dependent. You want to get toptier accuracy on your helm at least and devote a few passives to accuracy%. In endgame getting accuracy on rings/ammy/gloves is also possible.

Accuracy gem is a great substitute till you can overgear. Even overgeared characters use it and it has a great quality bonus.
Aye Mad, aye. I've moaned pretty much anytime I get a chance that the meta doesn't support slow big heavy hitters. Dyadus was created to support that since it has slow attack speed and that inbuilt chance to ignite, but that was nerfed quite significantly before release.

I know crit builds do work, but as you've pointed out, they're all fast hitting ones.

I'm not sure if there's some way to change attack speed increases to crit chance / accuracy increases perhaps? hmmm.......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info