Masters crafting for casual players?

5linking is relatively easy

farming alts->jewelers->fusings is very easy once one gets into the habbit of 'knowing what to vendor' and doing it fast. sure 150 fusings is a lot but ive managed to get 3 times as much without much trouble

if you dont know how to do - just farm piety (no iir even necessary tbh, but it ofc helps) and vendor all she drops at first. soon youll start leaving 2*4 items behind on the floor as these are not space-efficient etc

really, just farm this stuff, it doesnt even take that many runs. docks are just as good - you just need drops - not good drops - for that
"
sidtherat wrote:
5linking is relatively easy

farming alts->jewelers->fusings is very easy once one gets into the habbit of 'knowing what to vendor' and doing it fast. sure 150 fusings is a lot but ive managed to get 3 times as much without much trouble

if you dont know how to do - just farm piety (no iir even necessary tbh, but it ofc helps) and vendor all she drops at first. soon youll start leaving 2*4 items behind on the floor as these are not space-efficient etc

really, just farm this stuff, it doesnt even take that many runs. docks are just as good - you just need drops - not good drops - for that

Agreed, 5l is doable now. Too little too late, I just don't have the will anymore it seems since I cannot even get my rampage build to work since no wand/shield/gloves/helmet/amulet/armor drops. Managed to snatch useful rings and boots though but they won't help if the rest of stuff is from normal/early cruel and I have killed merciless dominus already.
I got my first master to level 6 in 3 weeks. Not hard to do at all casually, even solo, if you have a 70+ level character suitable to do the missions of one of them. I chose the hunter Master, Tora, because her missions are pretty easy for a summoner.

With three masters in my hide-out, the other 5 can get to level 6 relatively quickly if you build characters suitable for their missions. That can take a while. I'm currently leveling up another character to be more suited for the masters that my summoner sucks at.

I expect I'll have all 6 of the basic Masters to level 6 before Thanksgiving, and Tora might be 7. Depends on a lot of variables though.

Zana isn't happening at all for me. If I stumble on her in a map, I'll give her a go... but I don't expect her to get to level 2 pretty much ever. I can't do her timed missions, and I can't just grind out maps until I get one that's not timed. Maybe I'll get lucky, but she's all but locked out of the "solo/casual" crowd.

If they want to remove this block, I'd suggest that they give an un-timed quest for level 1 Zana by default. "Clear this map for me"... I can do that. "Kill 3 rogue exiles in under 5 minutes" no friggin' way.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 16, 2014, 3:02:28 PM
Zana only requires two quests to get to level 2, so you only have to find her twice. Of course, for me that was over 50 maps.
The function already very casual friendly, I like it and they works to fill up some missing stats. But if you asking the best of the best... that's not casual or the intention of the master system.

Level 6 isn't too hard, just need a week or two. Well, that's all I ask for really - just need a larger hideout. I wouldn't even dare to dream about level 7 or 8 as a casual...

Zana? The hell with her... she likes hide and seek, and a good one at hiding...
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

If they want to remove this block, I'd suggest that they give an un-timed quest for level 1 Zana by default. "Clear this map for me"... I can do that. "Kill 3 rogue exiles in under 5 minutes" no friggin' way.

first zana mission ever, kill the corrupted boss in thirty seconds, LOL WAT!

we zoned in with 17 seconds left on a Promonade and had to kill the boss in 17 seconds, couldnt even reach the first stone by straight running past all mobs before time ran out.
S L O W E R
"
Mivo wrote:
Zana only requires two quests to get to level 2, so you only have to find her twice. Of course, for me that was over 50 maps.

I was actually lucky enough to get her three times in about 40 maps... I wasn't really counting. But each time I wasn't even close to being able to do the quest successfully. So unless something is done to ease up on the first couple quests, I'll likely never be able to get those two missions done. It would be nice to have characters that could speed run through maps, but I just don't have that in me.
I've only run between 20 and 30 maps (not really counting) and seen Zana once in the first one I did. Luckily the mission she gave was an untimed lodestone mission. Haven;t seen her since and reading about the mission variations, I'm not sure I'll ever get her map device in my hideout. If I ever do, I'll probably just grab that and ignore her going forward.
Casuals/self founder just got screwed harder with multi mod costing 2 exa now, which you can not make, must trade or get lucky with a couple exa drops.. Guess that answers your question.
Git R Dun!
'real' casuals need month to bring a master to 8 (and to have the appropriate char to do it), enough time to sum up 'some wealth'... ;)

IMHO, the basic functionality of each master should be given at their 6th level, including the removing of crafted mods. At hifger levels, they should just increase the mod rolls, and probably offer the removing of other masters mods at max level.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info