Multiple mods (Meta Mod) should not be available that early in a league

Why?

Because it makes very nice weapons too easy to get in new leagues. You just need to roll a base with alts/regals, and pay the bench crafting cost(+fee if you use a service). If you would have to do it the old classic way (et/ex), it would cost WAY more.
It kinda ruins the economy of new leagues, because decent stuff is not selling anymore and the market gets flooded by bench crafted stuff pretty fast. The regular bench crafted mod already helps, but multiple mods is just too much.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit:
Some examples
http://m.imgur.com/kdF6HIR
http://m.imgur.com/OA0zVJS

Edit 2:
To clarify, the main problem is that some people are rushing for lvl 8 masters in a new league and then offering a service that makes it available for everyone. However, if people have lvl 8 masters(elreon in this specific case) themselfes, they should be able to craft that mod of course.

Last edited by amksoljanka on Sep 18, 2014, 9:06:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
no

E:
I'm selling mediocre tri-stat gear pretty well, ty. Its economuh, adapt or die.

We finally get a semblance of crafting and already someone would try to shut it down -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 16, 2014, 6:46:44 AM
i just think it is obnoxious that these people are selling these items for multiple exalted orbs.

90% of the decent weapons in the 300+ dps range for 1 handers are these 3+ mod craft things selling for the exact same price as the normal ones.

take my advice level masters , wait for the prices of these items to crash and then buy stuff.
All mods on a rare should roll at one lower tier than blues do and a new tier should be added that can only spawn on blues. D2 did it this way and it made blues useful in a wide variety of builds.

When you upgrade a blue to a rare, all mods should be reduced by 1 tier.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 16, 2014, 9:37:50 AM
Added some examples

How ridiculous. So even after grinding Elreon to level 8, you still want people to be able to craft nothing good because WAAAAH, MUH ECONOMEH, WAAAH, MUH TRAEDING?

The entire point of crafting in a good game is to be able to roll not BiS but still very passable gear. If all you could roll was trash and had to wait till you found an item one slot short of GG, well, no thanks!

Too bad the Elreon mod isn't available at 6. Would be a huge QoL buff.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Sep 17, 2014, 10:46:12 AM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
How ridiculous. So even after grinding Elreon to level 8, you still want people to be able to craft nothing good because WAAAAH, MUH ECONOMEH, WAAAH, MUH TRAEDING?

The entire point of crafting in a good game is to be able to roll not BiS but still very passable gear. If all you could roll was trash and had to wait till you found an item one slot short of GG, well, no thanks!

That would make the game even more casual... think about it. The point of an ARPG is to grind in order to get good gear. Whats the point of playing if you can get everything right away?

Last edited by amksoljanka on Sep 17, 2014, 10:51:15 AM
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

That would make the game even more casual... think about it. The point of an ARPG is to grind in order to get good gear. Whats the point of playing if you can get everything right away?

I don't think PoE is ever in any danger of becoming too casual.

Furthermore, your statement of "the point of an ARPG is to grind in order to get good gear" is one of the most ridiculous attitudes about this genre.

No, the point isn't to grind. It's not even a point. Grinding is merely a means to an end--an end which should have other means of achieving besides "WTS currency for other currency x1000". The point is to complete challenges. The point is to solve problems in the form of ever-increasing difficulty bosses, monster packs, and environmental adversities. What does grinding have to do with problem-solving?

Nothing.

The point of playing is to see the content and overcome said content. And if you're able to clear all content with your cookie-cutter guide-followed insane-gear character, what about trying a different build? What about trying to create one yourself?

If you want to blast through the same content over and over, why does the burden have to fall on the self-found players, the players without a thousand hours to devote to one character, the ones that actually play an ARPG to kill more challenging monsters instead of sit around in a horrible bartering system, instead of those few hardcore players who apparently lack so much creativity that they can't find a fun way of rerunning the same content? Are there not enough Easter egg achievements to satisfy you, that your measuring stick is how much the vast majority of the player base doesn't enjoy themselves?
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Sep 17, 2014, 11:00:36 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i just think it is obnoxious that these people are selling these items for multiple exalted orbs.

90% of the decent weapons in the 300+ dps range for 1 handers are these 3+ mod craft things selling for the exact same price as the normal ones.

take my advice level masters , wait for the prices of these items to crash and then buy stuff.

It's because people are stupid. Every day there's a post on reddit about how someone crafted a great dagger/wand like it's something special.

People will eventually figure out that everyone can now craft a decent weapon (which is good btw) and their prices will drop. Pure et/ex crafted gear will then rise in prices.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

It's because people are stupid. Every day there's a post on reddit about how someone crafted a great dagger/wand like it's something special.

People will eventually figure out that everyone can now craft a decent weapon (which is good btw) and their prices will drop. Pure et/ex crafted gear will then rise in prices.

Which, IMO, is a good thing. Want a decent 300 DPS weapon that you can run uber atziri with? It might cost you some chaos.

Want that uber-BiS gear that'll allow you to just faceroll everything? Shell out.

As it should be.

My only lament is that the multiple crafted mods is gated behind the obscene grind to a level 8 Elreon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info