Master Crafting - Different Tiers?

I've divined this ring like 10 times and it has always rolled 5% - 9%. Are there different tiers of that mod when it is benchcrafted? Thank you. :)
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator
Wow, why would you spend 10 divine orbs on THAT?
So THAT'S why divines are over 2 Ex, someone's is spending them on mediocre gear!
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
Lol'd hardly. The ring is almost crap and you spend like x20 (assuming 1ex=4 div) of its cost divining mod which cannot be more than 9%?! Did you even read about divining mechanics?
To be fair to the OP the crafting mechanics in this game are vague at best, and in some cases completely hidden. I believe that the master mods still require that the item be of a particular item level to be able to benefit fully from the mods. For example the master mod grants 5-20% energy shield, however if your item is only capable of receiving the lower tier of the mod (no more than 9%) due to its item level, then there is no chance of ever rolling the higher tier.

The mod tiers belong to random drops/crafting based on item level, however despite what you may be led to believe based on the description at the crafting bench (and the divine orb itself), your item is still bound by the limitations of item level and the mod tiers that are assigned to different item levels. None of this is explained anywhere by GGG, and I believe all the data about mod tiers was worked out through trial and error by the community.

Do yourself a favour and save your orbs for trading with other players, they are much more effective that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info