Is your game not detecting a dedicated graphics card?

"
Jenny15kusa wrote:
Hi guys! I finally got to download POE, but when I go on POE, it say's that:

"The D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released".

and,

"Failed resetting direct-3D device object".

AND,

"DXUTCeate Device Failed".

How can I/We fix this?

Or is this something we can/can't do about it?

Please List Numbers of Steps to guide us through the process if there is a way to fix and then play POE. Please!!! So I can start to play POE!!! Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by:

One of your biggest fans

Thank you! <3

1) this thread is HUGE and largely ignored for "individual" problems.
2) post your own thread. Please read the "Rules" sticky post for more information.
3) Check that your card properly supports Pixel Shader Model 3.0 which is required for Path of Exile.
I didn't play gor a year now. Fixed or not fixed?
If you even disable your windows integrated graphics card, it will run in "windows rendering" which is even worse, if possible, I have no idea at this point what to do I have tried every solution, possible that was listed.

A few months back you could be able to run it from right clicking the profile and saying run with "Nvidia Graphics Card" but that seems to be no longer the case.
I'm having the same problem. :(

Only my integrated graphics card show up on the menu, and the game doesn't run very well.

As this is a very old thread, and the issue was never fixed, and even the temporary patches stopped working, i guess i should just give up?
Here is the solution !

For those using an AMD Graphic card (with AMD catalyst control center only) : You should right-click on your desktop, in the menu there should be something like "commutable graphics" (I don't know the perfect translation in English). You shift PathofExile from "energy thing" to "high performance". You may need to have PoE launched to do so !

For those using Nvidia cards, I think it should be quite the same way, but I can't describe how to do it.

Hello,

I still have problem similar to others. Can't make my game to use dedicated graphic card . It uses Intel HD 4000 instead of GeForce 710m. I tried everything what you've written here. Made new profile in nvidia settings - nothing, turned off my Intel graphics - made it even worse because it used windows rendering or something (like it wasn't detecting my GeForce at all). All drivers are up to date. Right clicking and choosing dedicated card doesn't do anything. It has the same performance (very choppy), So I think it isn't about wrong adapter name display in options. I've reinstaled game completly, tried steam version, even changed my power options - the same. I don't know what to do anymore.

I would appreciate any help.
Last edited by kruk99 on May 31, 2015, 2:18:55 AM
Maybe something...

Bios-> 2nd 3rd or 4th tab -> "hd intel graphics: enabled" --> disabled

I have H87-HD3 motherboard.
@kruk99 Same situation and problem here, all my drivers are updated, impossible to use my gforce, and playing with other laggy builds is impossible for me.
Bumping this thread, I'm having the same problem GeForce GT 750M / Intel HD 4600. I hope Devs will fix this.
Having same issues, with Intell 4600 GT 750M hoping on a fix..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info