Is your game not detecting a dedicated graphics card?

I've heard of some program called I believe it's Radeon Pro ... I believe that works similar to nVInspector, only for AMD/ATI cards ... perhaps you can add a profile to the 'client.exe' to your driver like I described above? Maybe you'll get lucky and it's even simpler than we nV users have to do i.e. I'd TRY just making a profile for the client first, and if it fails for the same reason (some other app(s) already 'owns' the name 'client.exe') you remove any such profiles, and try again.

It's worth a shot ... let us know how it works :)
Senior Moderator at Overclock.net (Graphics Cards & PSU Forums)
Rig 1: i7 930@4.0GHz*Gigabyte GTX670 WF3 (1300c/7000m)*Asus R3X*Titanium X-Fi*Raven RV-03*Enermax Revolution 850W*Asus 1920x1200 Monitor
Rig 2: Acer TimelineX 3830 13.4" Laptop (i5 SB Dualie + HT (2.6GHz), GT540m (750c/950m))
Last edited by brettjv on Feb 20, 2013, 2:24:48 PM
"
openmaken wrote:
"
xAdApt wrote:

My framerate went from ... 30 to 70 (Press F1 for framerate, latency and another one...)
[/img]

I got 650m a bit worse card, do you have 70fps solo or in heavy mass fight 6man party ? Cuz i got 120+solo and 15-20 lagz in 6man lightning arrow spam...
"
brettjv wrote:

So here's the most permanent workaround I know of for Optimus users until such time as GGG decides to rename the .exe to something that's not 'taken already', or gets nV to add a profile for PoE to it's driver:
If I read the nvidia developer doc (pdf warning: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/devzone/devcenter/gamegraphics/files/OptimusRenderingPolicies.pdf) about optimus right, they could also try adding a symbol to the binary:
"
Global Variable NvOptimusEnablement (new in Driver Release 302)
blah blah
Example usage:
extern "C" {
_declspec(dllexport) DWORD NvOptimusEnablement = 0x00000001;
}

But generally it seems like GGG is busy with just about everything else so they've not really done anything about this.
Yes, after 3 weeks i can say i tried almost everything without success...

So i'm guessing its time to wait for GGG.. please dont take too long!:)
Anyone found the possible fix for ATI cards?

My friend has built-in Intel as well. Even after manually setting POE to run with High Performance aka 2nd card, it still runs with built-in card. In-game still shows Intel HD and when big AOE effects happen, he lags as hell.

Anyone got solution already?
While i realize the game is free and in beta, would be nice to play for longer than a minute and then have my computer power off. Kinda dumb it shows up as Dragon: MMO

lulz
fix this
interesting bug, came up as phantasy star 2 on my geforce 660m profile. nvidia inspector fixed it right away :D
Last edited by plaid on Feb 26, 2013, 2:28:51 AM
I have the same problem. Has anyone figured out a way to fix it?

*To the person who posted the copy/paste method; where do I actually paste it on to? The Destop? It'll update but it'll redownload the 5gb of the game onto the destop.

-I tried to paste it on the same folder as the Client.exe but it started up normally and has the same problems.

-I tried deleting the Client.exe but it'll just updated back up with the same exact issue.

i don't know if this is with the game or my GC, but i randomly get a black screen followed by an error saying something about my display driver kernel not working (or something along those lines since the message goes away faster then i can catch it). my frame rate then drops to a really low number (around 15 or so) but everything else runs fine. if i close the game and open it again, everything's fine but the problem usually comes back.

the problem is inconsistent and has only happened with exile and the marvel heroes mmo closed beta, so my assumption is that my GC doesn't like top down perspective games, since i can run witcher 2 on high settings with no problem.

any help would be greatly appreciated since i just got my new pc (mainly using it for 3D modelling etc but i game when i have time) and don't really want to start using the warranty etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info