Is your game not detecting a dedicated graphics card?

is it possible that my game is running on my dedicated graphics card, even though the settings menu shows that the selected adapter is Intel graphics, instead of my Radeon HD 8650m? I can't change the adapter. Though I feel like my game runs slower than it should, but I'm not entirely sure if my laptop is fast enough to run it well in the first place.
I'm experiencing the same issue, and have tried the above ideas with no success. Additionally, I started the game in the nVidia GeForce Experience launcher, and added both the Client.exe and PathOfExile.exe files to the nVidia Control Panel to use the appropriate card, and then even set my default GPU to always use the High Performance chip and still no chance. I do, however, see that the GPU Activity icon in the system tray has it listed as using the High-Performance GPU, but the game still only identifies the integrated chipset.

Gameplay halts every 80-100 seconds, causing death with minutes of the first time playing the game. I've already lost 5 hours just trying to play, and I can't even learn the basic controls. This problem obviously won't be solved, so I'm uninstalling it and taking my business elsewhere.
It seems like the problem with Geforce 750m is now fixed. I've been waiting for so long... lol.
Hey guys one possible solution to this problem is to download the newest drivers for your INTERNAL graphics card, i have found with some laptop manufacturers they will have installed the latest nvidia ect graphics card but not the internal one. This will mean that the computer will not recognise when to switch over to the gaming graphics card. Hope this helps.

Also a sign that they have not installed the correct intel drivers is that it will call the intel driver "generic" rather than the series that it is actually from.
I've tried everything in this thread but nothing works.

I own an AMD Radeon HD 8800M Series. Would gladly like some help on this one.

I tried all of the methods described in this forum topic, but none of them helped me. However I found a new solution which hopefully is helpful to other exiles.

I have a Lenovo laptop with integrated Intel GPU and AMD Radeon GPU, so this solution is meant for those with AMD Radeon GPU.

0. Download GPU-Z and verify that GPU load/usage indeed stays at 0% when you run POE.

1. Open 'AMD Radeon Settings'.
2. Select 'Preferences'.
Spoiler

3. Select 'Radeon Additional Settings'.
Spoiler

4. 'Radeon Additional Settings' window should pop up.
5. Select 'Switchable Graphics Application Settings' from the 'Power' list.
Select 'High performance' graphics setting for pathofexile.exe.
Spoiler

POE graphics settings still show Intel or some other internal GPU, but secretly Windows has switched over to AMD GPU because we have selected high performance graphics setting and that requires a better GPU than the internal one.
Last edited by Xaidius on Apr 29, 2016, 5:10:55 PM
I seem to found atleast a Temporarily solution when using WINDOWS 10.

Open directory (windows10): C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile
(Or wherever you first installed the Driver-for-the-game "Not documents")

Now find the file called: PathOfExile.exe
Right click the file (Settings/Option) > Compability > "Compability mode (windows 7/8)"

Now simply CONFIRM and OK > Now Boot the game as normal.
(dont change the size of window before GGG-loading is done)
and then you can Minimize // Maximize or go Fullscreen on Demand.

Good luck!

Using a GeForce GTX 970 (MSI) Graficcard, And this way i got it to work just fine.
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.
Last edited by SevenSinsOfHell on May 30, 2016, 5:09:57 AM
"
Xaidius wrote:
I tried all of the methods described in this forum topic, but none of them helped me. However I found a new solution which hopefully is helpful to other exiles.

I have a Lenovo laptop with integrated Intel GPU and AMD Radeon GPU, so this solution is meant for those with AMD Radeon GPU.

0. Download GPU-Z and verify that GPU load/usage indeed stays at 0% when you run POE.

1. Open 'AMD Radeon Settings'.
2. Select 'Preferences'.
Spoiler

3. Select 'Radeon Additional Settings'.
Spoiler

4. 'Radeon Additional Settings' window should pop up.
5. Select 'Switchable Graphics Application Settings' from the 'Power' list.
Select 'High performance' graphics setting for pathofexile.exe.
Spoiler

POE graphics settings still show Intel or some other internal GPU, but secretly Windows has switched over to AMD GPU because we have selected high performance graphics setting and that requires a better GPU than the internal one.

Works for me! Thank you so much!
Using a Dell Laptop (Windows 10 x64) with switchable video boards.
Last edited by ITAL0R on Aug 31, 2016, 8:55:44 AM
None of the methods working for me after new expansion/patch.
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
Can i get some response for the issue ? I can assure that this problem occured after i patched the game last night.
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info