Is your game not detecting a dedicated graphics card?

I encountered this problem today and it was with Razer Cortex trying to optimize the game before loading. I closed the Razer Cortex app and it worked. Check if you are using any third-party applications or anti-viruses, they may be interfering with this. Good luck!
IGN Melusia
I'm repairing notebook with intel video and nvidia 620m. So i've tested this machine and got the same problem: games (win7x64) don't want to recognize nvidia card and use always integrated even with perfomance plan, even with setting, even with "run with nvidia".

Solution to ENABLE:

1) right mouse button click on screen and select "screen resolution"
2) click on button "detect"
3) in menu "display" select "Available display output on: NVIDIA YOURCHIP"
4) in menu "multiple displays" select "Try to connect anyway on: VGA"
5) click "APPLY"
6) in menu "multiple displays" select "Extend desktop to this display"
7) click "APPLY" again
8) click "OK"

After this you'll be able to select adapter in PoE:
Spoiler

Solution to DISABLE:
1) right mouse button click on screen and select "screen resolution"
2) in menu "multiple displays" select "Show desktop only on 1"
3) click "APPLY"
4) select "screen 2" (what was created when we enabled this) with mouse
5) in menu "multiple displays" select "Disconnect this display"
6) click "APPLY" again
7) click "OK"

Pros: we can play on good video card instead of intergated
Cons: some games can start on 2nd "display"; if you started monitoring software AFTER changes (like hwmonitor tool) you must close it, or your notebook/PC will continue use powerful video card but as you disables 2nd screen you not will be able to use it (so it will work for nothing and will be hot).
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
i have windows 10 so that step by step doesnt work for me but ill try anything to get better performance x)
I can select my dedicated video card now, but I can't "save" the settings. If I go back to options the integrated video card is shown again. I did "apply display settings", though, is that enough?
Same here, i can select the Nvidia card, but i can't press the "Save" button ingame.
"
Same here, i can select the Nvidia card, but i can't press the "Save" button ingame.

Yes.. on login panel i was able to select, press apply and save. But in game can't.
You're right. Same time when i've checked saved result - it was written "inergated". But in config file PoE written "adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M".
I'll check what can i do more.

Sorry that i've not checked after login.
So i think, we should to ask GGG-team:
"Why when PoE see 2 differ graphics cards, and when you click apply and save on goodone, and PoE writes in conf file goodone, it still continue to use wrongone, unselected?"
PoE also tells me in game that it is using my integrated Graphics Card, but I'm assuming that is a display bug rather than actually running on the integrated chip.

If I've been playing PoE on the integrated graphics card of my laptop all this time, then I'm sending a box of chocolates to Intell tomorrow, because they made a hell of a chip there... Unless PoE is next to unplayable altogether even in Runescape mode, I suspect the same scenario applies to you as well.
cant seem to figure out how to do this with windows 10 .. help plz + thx :)
I see in the adapter setting drop down: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (#0) and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (#1)

what the heck is the difference?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info