Do I need more than 100% crit chance?

I know the difference between "critical strike chance" and "critical strike multiplier" but I've seen that it's very easy 2 get more than 100% chance, would that be a waste or will I get something like double crit or anything?
That number is just a multiplier of your base crit chance listed on a weapon or spell. For example, if you have 100% crit chance using FP (a 6% base crit spell), your new crit chance will be 12%.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
got it, thanks.

("critical strike multiplier" is the damage increase, right?)
I think you haven't understood quite how critical strike chance works. If you pick up a passive tree node with "20% increased critical strike chance", it does not mean you will crit an additional 20% of the time. What it does is it adds an additional 20% of your base crit chance. That is, if you have a weapon or spell with 5% crit chance, and pick up 20% increased from the tree, your total crit chance would be 6% (5% * (1 + 0.2)).

You should also note that weapons can get increased increased critical strike chance, which increases the base crit chance. For example, my bow has 9.15% base crit rather than the 5% bows normally have. This is very useful for a crit build.

Edit: Regarding multipler: Yes, it increases your crit damage. The base crit multiplier is always 1.5 or 150%, so if you have 100% crit multiplier your crits deal triple damage of normal hits.
Last edited by Dauemannen on Sep 15, 2014, 8:14:54 AM
I did understand this, I'm just not quite sure about the "critical strike multiplier" which clearly isn't the "critical strike chance".

As far as I know the "critical strike multiplier" is the damage increase when criting, is that right?
When I started writing the post, only your first post was visible. Regarding the multiplier, see my edit.
thanks, I found the edit.
Last edited by LastExceed on Sep 15, 2014, 8:27:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info