How do you find out if you are capable of Atziri?

My physical crit bow ranger is going along decently and I was curious as to at which point I might be able to consider Atziri attempts.

Some stats as follows.
50~% evasion
acrobatics
75% cold/fire/lightning resist
-60% chaos resist
3.4k~ hp

6k~ dps tornado shot
you are 1 shot. unless you evade any flameblast/stormcall. you might aswell get 1 shot from the spears. so GL

most obviously you couldnt even pass the 2 vaal's without dying.

evasion = no good for atziri, no offense. but dont base your defense on luck in such a 'hard' content.
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Sep 15, 2014, 6:05:08 AM
So evasion characters are a no go for Atziri no matter how geared?
"
ktimekiller wrote:
So evasion characters are a no go for Atziri no matter how geared?

Yes
Your life seems extremely low, too. Also consider that 75% isn't the true max anymore - getting 80-81% all res isn't hard to do and while 5% on paper doesn't seem substantial, considering the dmg scaling (think of it like - 75% of 10,000 is 2.5k taken while 81% of 10,000 is 1.9k taken, that's a difference of 600 life per hit taken...which is a full 20% of your health bar)

and yeah evasion is kinda bunk. armor is better for many fast hits, armor is also better to mitigate one big hit (because with low mit and high dodge, 25-30% of the time you're getting instagibbed even if you take 0 the other 75% of the time)
Last edited by alexvsevil on Sep 15, 2014, 6:17:37 AM
Wearing just self found rares, I tried to focus on soft cap for resist over hp since low level maps don't really 1 shot me.

I am in the process of making a MoM caster. Are they capable of handling the damage from Atziri content?
Just a curiosity questions:
1) How do you get that 80% all res for the ranger class character with evasion?
2) What's considered enough HP to do Atziri now?
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Sep 15, 2014, 6:23:34 AM
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
you are 1 shot. unless you evade any flameblast/stormcall. you might aswell get 1 shot from the spears. so GL

most obviously you couldnt even pass the 2 vaal's without dying.

evasion = no good for atziri, no offense. but dont base your defense on luck in such a 'hard' content.

Actually an Evasion-based LS Ranger did her with 2,7k HP. Due to Spelldodge you are more likely to survive than someone without it. If you want to be save get Rumis it helps immensely.

Also get two Kaoms eventually for the Trio to get perma IC.

Check out the Trio, thats how powerful Avoidance-based Mitigation is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2HPoAccSZ4&feature=youtu.be

The thing is... use Puncture. It doesn't really matter how high Tornado DPS is, Puncture is key, since it allows you to do damage while being mobile. Normal Atziri still charges the flameblast rather slowly and her stormcalls are quite delayed.

Also the Spears don't do that much damage. And you can dodge/evade them fairly easy. Since the damage is mostly attack-based or elemental Evasion does quite well vs. Atziri since most stuff you can't evade is elemental, which means you are still in an advantage since you can Spelldodge Flameblasts, but I would suggest moving out of them anyway.

The thing is though, you should boost evasion a bit. You should ensure having 50% Evasion here, since this means that you can't be hit twice in a row. I assume you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq6ez2pd1g0&feature=youtu.be

For comparison here is a video of uber (with 3,9k HP :P) check how quick flameblasts charge here.
Hey,

I just yesterday did Atziri with my phys crit bow ranger.

My stats:
20k dps on puncture
3.1k HP
phase acrobatics
5k evasion
75% all ele res.

Died once on vaal and few times on atziri.
To be fair however I've done atziri before on ele buzzsaw so got a little experience before. I would suggest getting hp 4.5-5k on first try.

On Atziri it is no real difference between armor/evasion.
For vaal fight phase acrobatics let you mitigate some damage. Only other way to achieve this is via spell block. Incresing max spell resistance is not that easy as before so there is that.

For trio you just don't get hit, so armor doesn't matter.
On atziri biggest threat is flameblast so again armor doesn't matter.
For spear you have OD, and they should not one-shot you anyway.

All in all evasion build is as vailable as any other. Ofc max spell block builds will be kings (WoE + BoR).

My advice for you: get some levels, put more focus on HP on gear, and with several chaos of investment you can run atziri.

IGN: _Fiddler_
Let me tell you this, If you don't have 4k life++
purity of fire and light max level
75% block or/and spellblock don't even think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info