Elreon's crafting mods

If we have inc. chaos damage on passive tree why not?
so this mod can be useful.
"
TikoXi wrote:
I've gotta say no to this idea.

Why? Incinerate exists.

Nuff said.

Edit: Just in case Nuff was not said: Just look at what happens to incinerate when HoI is added. It's obscene. If I could get that new wand that adds flat chaos damage to spells...man - I will break the game. :<

TikoXi, thanks for feedback. Nuff, thanks for silence.

I’m sure existing of incinerate shouldn’t be a singleton reason to not allow elreon's add flat chaos damage mod for spells.

Even when I link my 21/20 incinerate with 21/20 added chaos damage (also with spell echo, faster projectiles, faster casting etc. to boost incinerate output) and resulting spell has 0.07 cast speed, no “I’m breaking the game” happens.

Well let’s dive into how caster can add chaos damage to spells assuming that we are not going to gather all possible chaos damage as we can:

- link spell skill gem with add chaos dmg support gem, +flat (cons: we need extra linked socket and accordingly socket color)

- use new Apep's Rage wand, + flat, equiv ~11-12 lvl add chaos damage according to poewiki

- pop Atziri’s Promise flask, % of ele dmg (cons: we can have no flask charges when they need / duration)

- wear Infernal Mantle, % of fire dmg (cons: if we have low mana caused by auras reservation we will have 100% inc spell dmg taken / focused on fire damage)

- wear Covenant, +flat as lvl 15 add chaos dmg support (cons: we have BM + 20% reduce max life, not optimistic for builds majority)

And flat x-y chaos damage from Alberon's Warpath, Blackheart and from appropriate corrupted mod on dagger/scepter/wand of course don't work with spells.

Summarizing, we need to use support gem or embed mostly unwanted uniq item in build. On the other hand, attack build user just can craft mod using Elreon.
there is no truth, only opinions
Last edited by Kohkghu on Sep 23, 2014, 4:09:09 AM
ok, now we already have 1.2.3 Patch Notes and still haven't Elreon crafting mods expansion... except meta mod price
I entirely agree with this idea but if this were to be considered, it would also require such mods being added into the global affix pool, which i still fully support. It would do nothing less than add more diversity to the game.
Ign: ChaosCrits
"
Deimos1337 wrote:
I entirely agree with this idea but if this were to be considered, it would also require such mods being added into the global affix pool, which i still fully support. It would do nothing less than add more diversity to the game.

thank you for feedback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info