Low life bonuses, leech, and vaal pact

Let's say I'm using a redbeak and my life is currently under 35%(low life).

If I hit a single monster, the damage should have a 100% increased damage boost from redbeak before leeching the life back.

The question is, what happens when I hit a group of monsters and go back to normal life thresholds?
-(1) Will only a single monster take more damage?
-(2) Or will all of them take more damage?

Doesn't it do this for each monster hit?
"
Damage applies
Leech applies
Reflect applies (no reflect in this case, just added in case of confusion)

which in turn, causes only (1) since I technically heal back before resolving numbers with the next monster. Because if it does, then non perpetual low life builds that use low life mechanics and vaal pact(yes very specific) won't work.

Basically, what I'm asking is: will leech with vaal pact make me lose low life bonuses against groups on a single cast/use while currently in low life status?

My assumption is yes, but I would like clarification.
A side effect of the snapshot fix I guess.
People use for example auras on bloodmagic to get a default low life state.
There is no way to go above the life reserved, so there is low life unless you disable one or more auras.

If you do it manually... Yes... But why should you want to do it manually?

Edit: to answer your question: 1 AOE hit will do the damage for every enemy using your current state.
But for example with Firestorm you might have a situation where one monster is hit with 100% increased damage on the first fireball and another with 0% increased damage on the 2th..Nth fireball because you leeched enough to get out of the low life state.
Last edited by Kaw on Sep 15, 2014, 4:35:28 AM
"
Kaw wrote:

Edit: to answer your question: 1 AOE hit will do the damage for every enemy using your current state.

Are you sure about this? The reason for my question was because they "fixed" snapshotting. So won't my "state" be changing while leech and reflect mechanics are resolving?
Last edited by This on Sep 15, 2014, 4:38:56 AM
"
Kaw wrote:

But for example with Firestorm you might have a situation where one monster is hit with 100% increased damage on the first fireball and another with 0% increased damage on the 2th..Nth fireball because you leeched enough to get out of the low life state.

We crossed each other with my edit and your new post. I answered your question.
"
This wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

Are you sure about this? The reason for my question was because they "fixed" snapshotting.

Yes, as long it is the same hit.

As far as I understood snapshotting is not about hits and a low life state, but about abusing gear stats/states to run many auras.
"
Kaw wrote:
Yes, as long it is the same hit.

As far as I understood snapshotting is not about hits and a low life state, but about abusing gear stats/states to run many auras.

From what I understood though, snapshotting was a side effect of how calculations were done and persisted when a skill was used, therefore, when they "fixed" it, I assumed that numbers are no longer fixed and updated as changes happen. So my thought process was that this affected character state while mechanics were resolving.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info