Budget Low Life ES Elemental Crit Build

Hi dear people!

"
This is my first build on my own, I got some stuff to theorycraft it from other builds but the idea is to use MoM with a low life ES build and elemental spectral throw like buzzsaw, before i continue with the lvling i want to know if its possible to use MoM with ES, someone toldme its not on the global chat earlier today and now im not really sure the build is going to work as I wanted.

My question is:
Is Mana needed for MoM taken before or after my Eshield is gone? is it viable to use as lowlife ? I dont want to spend 20 lvls thinking its possible to realize its not

This is the tree I planned

Level 85~ Tree
http://goo.gl/xKFtJx

This is gone! changed to a more efficient build with evasion and elemental crits

New Tree 110
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl7Q4-_WMNuUZFr8fQQMeGo_22vsJGYqbtVM1D6u1SAYjcFIqC_PqES_rY5maykrDOncHhxOcpG-etAyDCSj6V8kNfOq6sQW40IGv2jrGnhB_DH2Cx_nofr2X_jwtxq63PkGHYeImlVVLHarhiEZxKjipbrXyNZLYvf4KJbzfvxRxDjw6UjboWK94DV3ytvcrCl9q2-dHBvLhY0MOSI_60NAvb9kTcLvsGIIeiELBxVyKwfOnKzW5HU8tH5UgS64bJdlbbRkRUOkCfeMs4axmuT7YdsSilwYtgw==

Going to run 7 auras (2 purity included) and a nice amount of shield and evasion thanks to the increased efficiency of auras + inner focus and enough crits to do around 18-22k dmg and being cheaper than most builds (rough calculation with the gear I got+gems lvl 20)

Gems used: 5L Spectral throw, faster attacks, weapon elemental damage, life leech, and LMP

Character is currently lvl 39 (started this morning) I think tomorrowI might be able to hit 60~

I already got some elemental/ES gear and im adding the new stuff i buy for the build (i have my srs lvl 86 witch to farm)

All comments are accepted!!
Last edited by Chocolate02 on Sep 15, 2014, 11:00:37 PM
Don't get Mind Over Matter on a ES Build without EB, that's just really bad.

Otherwise, why aren't you getting Influence / Sovereignity in the tree ?
but, does it work? ill tweak the tree if needed, i just want to know if its possible
Hi Chocolate02,

"
Chocolate02 wrote:
Is Mana needed for MoM taken before or after my Eshield is gone?

Considering the mechanic aspect (from the Wiki):
"
When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life.

It'll work exactly the same way with ES, so as long as you have enough mana, ant 'hit' yo take will be split 70/30% on your ES/mana. Keeping in mind 'hits' doesn't include degeneration and DoTs.

"
Chocolate02 wrote:
is it viable to use as lowlife ?

This, however, is a whole other question. On paper, it is a flat 30% damage reduction. Roaming through Wraeclast, you’ll need to keep your mana pool high enough to sustain both your skills and the damages you take.

To mitigate the maximum of any hit, you’ll have to keep a free mana pool equivalent to approximately 43% of your ES which might be hard to get (EB being out of the equation). So this might work well with many small hits, but not so much on big ones which you’ll have to dodge manually (considering your overall low armor, that might already be your intended play style).

As you’ll need a lot of mana regeneration and your build already include a high attack speed, you could take full advantage of the Revelry wheel (near MoM). Another affix to consider is damage taken gained as mana when hit (through unique items or corruptions).

Other thoughts about your tree :
- Swift Precision seems expensive and inefficient considering you are next to the Berserking wheel (right next to Vaal Pact)
- The Templar part of the tree seems inefficient
- As you probably plan Anger and Wrath, consider Inner Force for damages
- As a Low Life character, you should seriously consider the Arcane Vision notable

I hope this will help you.
Hi Andelruce, thx for the answer

"
To mitigate the maximum of any hit, you’ll have to keep a free mana pool equivalent to approximately 43% of your ES

why 43%?

Also Id like to point that i have a really close to 0 experience theorycrafting thats why im asking for some advices.

I changed some stuff in the tree, seems more efficient now, i saved somepoints here and there, and added the aura nodes, im planning to get the character to 90 so i dont want to spend more than 110

Added Revelry and Battle rouse for more mana and mana on hit/kill, I removed some attack speed considering that I figured that its possible to use Blood rage

(I already got it) with the atk speed on gloves+tree and bloodrage its over 3 attacks per second, so it ended in something like this:

110 Points Tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2B2PLveaBFr8aj_ba-wkZipu1UzUPq4MJxKKXBi2DDXzqurQMRnFXyfnogsco-rEFuNCBr9o6tz5Bhx2q4YhG113GtQQi9GwLDY0c3JMnbRmnKzW5EVDZWxslS67pAt-KKjipbrXyNZLYvf4KX2rb51BCLUcy0UVH6-64kx1P037GnhB_DH3tIIuM4XMFW5XIYloknd-YhTJ08RjbFHVW-u4O73oXL_rSHRSPRqcIVdZk54CkFKne5VYtOd1D5-SxNj1tbKc0wJzjhEcG9vwVUA==

Again thx in advance and any comments are accepted
About the ES/mana ratio :
"
Chocolate02 wrote:
why 43%?

My bad for throwing this in this way, it comes from the 30/70 mana/ES ratio (~ 43%). This ES/mana ratio allows you to take the biggest hit you could possibly not die to and split completely. With less mana, the same hit will consume all of it and what’s missing will be taken into ES
”Examples”
With 1000 ES & 430 (free) mana : a 1400 damage hit will split 980 / 420 and let you with 20 ES & 10 mana (fully split 70/30)
With 1000 ES & 300 (free) mana : a 1200 damage hit will split 900 / 300 and let you with 100 ES & 0 mana resulting in a 75/25 split
As the ES/mana ratio will go down, the effective repartition of damage on big hits will do so.

However, this is only valid for huge hits, as you may regenerate mana fast enough to allways fully mitigate smaller hits.
Also, this can be drastically reduced by the damage taken gained as mana when hit I mentioned. With Battle Rouse, you get a 70/27 repartition leading to around 39%. You can get 3 to 6% from a corrupted piece of jewelry or helmet (with only one 5%, you get a 70/22 repartition and reduce the ‘need’ to 32%).

About the tree :
Here is a version of the tree with some changes, it is still 110 points but includes Berserking and Sniper (5 points cost) so you can stop earlier if you don’t want them.
Changes breakdown :
- Include Arcane Vision (seriously, indoors will be a pain without this)
- Up from 140 to 155% Mana regeneration rate and 106 to 152% Maximum mana (30% higher overall base mana regeneration)
- Up from 22 to 32% Aura efficiency, down from 30 to 20% mana reservation
- Down 175 (160 elemental + 15 projectile) to 163% (118 + 43) increased damage (4.5% loss)
- Up from 33 to 63% attack speed and from 20 to 30% projectile speed

I took the Sentinel road to get to Vaal Pact first because I consider it a good node and then it give you direct access to both Exceptional Performance (45% buff duration for an Immortal Call setup) and Arcane Chemistry (if you need more mana). You could trade Berserking for one of these wheel.
Thx for answering!

Seems like im keeping your tree, I might need more dmg, im starting to think the build is not going to do as much dmg as i though

Can you help me to create one without MoM for more dmg? ES/elemental

I feel its not going to work :(

Im also switching to dagger since seems to have more dmg

I added some evasion nodes to get more ES and good news I got a dagger

Edit: Im thinking something like this

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2Fr_mgcu9B2MfQQMetUhwUioL8-oRL-tjmZq29ysKwuwM8qXLbWxfatvntMV94yzhrGa5Pth2RwZcisHzoqN_xhGWDkhd8hqP9tr7CRmKm7VTNQ-rxKKXBi2DlSAtHx1PNbmnK20ZEVBLrhsl2VvfiukCtAyDCUZxHarhiMpKb57DOg186rpXybEFuNCBr9o6KPrGnhB_DH2Cx_nodweHE5ykvjoQe9sa53Qvb9kTcLvsGMHFCLE__OhmeA2pbrXyKk19W6xHUUxKyD8nbqoqOA==

Edit2: changed some stuff tried to stick to 100 points

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl7Q4-_WMNuUZFr8fQQMeGo_22vsJGYqbtVM1D6vEopcGLYO1SAYjcFIqC_PqES_rY5ma29R3_ZAbEZYOSKIuUEJcisHzoqN_xqcrNbkdTy0flSBtGRFQS64bJdlb34rpAiepykrDOncHhxOcpG-etAyDCSj6V8kNfOq6sQW40IGv2jrGnhB_DH2Cx_nofr2X_jwtxq63PkGHX2rb50cG8uFjQ33jLOGsZrk-2HZh4iaVVUsdquGIRnEqOKlutfI1kti9_go=
Last edited by Chocolate02 on Sep 15, 2014, 4:30:38 PM
Well, this might have been kind of a challenge to make it work fine, yet an interesting one.

Some points :
- Dagger will indeed allow high damage if you scale it with crit, else I'd stick with a foil.
- If you drop the MoM idea, then maybe better go Blood Magic to use a ton of auras.
Last edited by Andelruce on Sep 15, 2014, 4:27:57 PM
I was thinking Blood magic too, im having troubles with the tree now,I thnk I dont have enought defensive nodes, since i dont care to die every now and then it doesnt need to be a super tank build but i dont want to be a wet paper either

Elemental Crit Spectral Throw is going to be primary source of dmg, I just need to get enought ES

I think that is the best way to get to BM

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl7Q4-_WMNuUZFr8fQQMeGo_22vsJGYqbtVM1D6u1SAYjcFIqC_PqES_rY5ma29R3_ZAbEZYOSKIuUEJcisHzoqN_xqcrNbkdTy0flSBtGRFQS64bJdlb34rpAiepykrDOncHhxOcpG-etAyDCSj6V8kNfOq6sQW40IGv2jrGnhB_DH2Cx_nofr2X_jwtxq63PkGHX2rb50cG8uFjQ33jLOGsZrk-2HZh4iaVVUsdquGIRnEqOKlutfI1kti9_golvN-_FHEOPDpSNuhYr3gN
I just used the calc http://fogz.mine.nu:8080/poe_reserved_calc/ to see the usable auras for the build, ended up that the best option will be grace, anger, wrath, discipline and herald of ice, and I will be able to use 2 purity auras if needed too.

I got a new shield since the one I had was armor/ES

The only thing im concerned now its the fact that i will use the rest of the life to use skills
Im going to get a life potion with long duration and charge on crit to keep the skills

This is the most efficient tree i was able to get

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl7Q4-_WMNuUZFr8fQQMeGo_22vsJGYqbtVM1D6u1SAYjcFIqC_PqES_rY5maykrDOncHhxOcpG-etAyDCSj6V8kNfOq6sQW40IGv2jrGnhB_DH2Cx_nofr2X_jwtxq63PkGHYeImlVVLHarhiEZxKjipbrXyNZLYvf4KJbzfvxRxDjw6UjboWK94DV3ytvcrCl9q2-dHBvLhY0MOSI_60NAvb9kTcLvsGIIeiELBxVyKwfOnKzW5HU8tH5UgS64bJdlbbRkRUOkCfeMs4axmuT7YdsSilwYtgw==

with:

Inner Focus (21% increased Effect of Buffs on You)
Aura Nodes(32% increased effect of Auras you Cast)
ES Nodes (135% increased maximum Energy Shield)+Flat ES(50+ to maximum Energy Shield)
Evasion Nodes (42% increased Evasion Rating)

I think I will have enought shield from discipline + high evasion from grace and with enought crits to do a higher amount of dmg than the MoM version i was thinking

Any comments are welcome and thx for helping me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info