Newbie Cold Bow Ranger Passive Tree (Need help)

Hi there, im fairly new to the game and i was playing around with the passive tree, im trying to build a full cold damage bow/trap ranger, it might be good it might be garbage, i need feedback desperately so that i know if this could work or this will totally fail and backfire on me.

Thanks for any reply.

Skill tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4C_gMeBAcF-QguD6sPxBBYEYEUsBXwFr8XVBmKGY4b4BzcHwIfQSF2IoElPyaVKaUsnCzpLR8tRy2DMgEyNDN4N4E7fD3dQsNDMUYrTC1Ms04qTptQQlKyUzVT1FVLVcZWSlb6W69eRWHiYetjp2dnd9d6U311fll_K3_Ggh6D24bOh0GIQow2jYKNv448kA2S85UElSCXBpeVmyabjZu1nqGfAZ8noqOr0q-br6eyGbQatkG4yrvjwTPBxcHzxKLIzM960eTTftaK2eDajd0N3Ubfb9-E41bk6-c67Bjtg-4O73rvj_aj-uv68f66
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The concept is fine (use Ice Shot and Added Cold Damage gems with the Bow), but that tree is very inefficiently laid out. The easiest way to just efficiency in general is to see how much attributes you getting. Because most of the attributes you will get from the tree are from +10 to [attribute] nodes, which are the least valuable nodes on the tree.

Attributes are something that you only need to have enough of for your gear and skill gems, having more isn't a bad thing, but when it's at the cost of the better nodes in the tree, you have a problem. A well laid out build will generally have under +350 total to attributes (at 117-120 skill points used), maybe a bit more if your running gear that requires fairly significant amounts of all three attributes.

Note that Ice Shot converts a portion of your Physical Damage to Cold Damage, this means buffing your Physical damage will improve Cold Damage as well (more Phys to convert from), with this in mind, your pathing can suddenly become a LOT more efficient. Here is what I would do for an Ice Shot cold focused Bow build that does some trapping:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QW1CC4IiQqbEYEZjhn-GwEb4CF2Iuoj9iT9JT8nISzpMHEwfDGzMfoyATKUM3g51DpCPd1GK0p9S3hNkk6bUUdW-lfYW69daF5FYetjp2dnZ6Bv8nGhcsN293fXeOt6U311fwJ_K4bOh0GHdo19jb-PT5ANkvOVBZXImvGbJpuNm7WfJ6CfoSKhpKJApHim4KfUqKKq-KsLq9Kv67Ewshm0GrUIu-PBM8HVwdjEosqpzAbPetN-1CPWitgL2cbZ4Npk2o3cFd0N3UbdqN744dvnCuc651To1u2D73r0-Prr-vH8xf4J_rr-yP_e

I managed to get only +240 to attributes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info