ssd + PoE

I don't own a SSD at the moment but after years PoE load time is just a bitch so will a SSD give a noticeable/significant load different.

Thank you.
Had to change signature because poe.trade listed thread from 2013.
In my experience - yes. SSD makes a massive difference. At home - I can login under 2 minutes (most of the time the login screen is shown instantly when launched - and switching areas are just as quick). At work - it takes anything from 3 - 10 minutes for the login screen to show
Login less than 5s, between instances less than 3s.
"
midget214 wrote:
In my experience - yes. SSD makes a massive difference. At home - I can login under 2 minutes (most of the time the login screen is shown instantly when launched - and switching areas are just as quick). At work - it takes anything from 3 - 10 minutes for the login screen to show

At work? Can you get me a job there? I gotz skills and degrees and shit.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
Yes, it is substantially faster for me, and the delay when opening strongboxes is less noticeable. A lot of the sound related (when audio is loaded from the disk) micro stuttering is also gone. A SSD drive is a really good investment in general, performance-wise.
Never had an issue with instances, just to get to login takes forever; but all loading after that is instant.

I blame the engine, GGKP system.
>Decode GGKP
>Check files
>done

everytime you need to find files you have to go through a ton of GGKP files that honestly would be faster if they just had a folder with all the files in there; what's the worst that can happen. People can edit it if they want; it's just a crappy compression and works via addresses and such so >decode ggkp >find address file is at >read file >find address > read file

fuck that shit. Separate the 5gig file into at least separate smaller ones like for each piece of armor, then character, then etc, or something else -- but the ggkp system is crap (love you ggg but it's crap)

and honestly a lot of the engine is at the moment "crap" but this is feedback, i applaud them for building their own engine and having things their own way; things take time.
Had to change signature because poe.trade listed thread from 2013.
"
justinloase wrote:
"
midget214 wrote:

At work? Can you get me a job there? I gotz skills and degrees and shit.

Haha - we don't get to login an play all day XD - usually when we see something good for sale on Poe.Xyz we login an grab said item.
I can't imagine being an even halfway-hardcore gamer and not having an SSD.

Support GGG or SSD? SSD. Your quality of life will improve so much you'll want to support GGG more than you did before.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I've never owned a computer with a mechanical hard drive but I've used them at other ppls houses it's awful. Cant even understand why they still sell them

I use a samsung SSD 850 pro 256GB. Instances load insant. Like when ppl told me use a metronome to time loading areas where corruption was it does not work. Its instant no matter.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 15, 2014, 3:01:51 AM
"
Charan wrote:
I can't imagine being an even halfway-hardcore gamer and not having an SSD.

Support GGG or SSD? SSD. Your quality of life will improve so much you'll want to support GGG more than you did before.

Just absurd
"Sorry for my bad English"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info