Any good edge of madness builds yet?

I seriously can't wrap my head around the most effective edge of madness build. Maybe because it's design can lead to just about any corner in the tree. I'm thinkin along the lines of using edge of madness with infernal mantle with pyre stacking anger and hatred with added cold added fire and added chaos on a 5 link viper strike. But then i could always scale physical and use mings heart. If someone knows a good build out there already please link it to me or something. I'm getting lost in the well of the possibilities for this weapon.
Last edited by Zigma999 on Sep 14, 2014, 10:49:49 PM
Well, it has an awesome skin, so there's that :D
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
Lol it looks like soul edge from soul calibur. It's design is nice in all aspects IMO. It's just difficult to effectively use both the elemental and chaos modifiers on this weapon. Maybe scale the physical to scale a hatred pyre cold to fire conversion alongside a mings heart for 20% phys added as chaos with an infernal mantle? Lets get some elaboration on this item please.
"
Zigma999 wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Lol it looks like soul edge from soul calibur. It's design is nice in all aspects IMO. It's just difficult to effectively use both the elemental and chaos modifiers on this weapon. Maybe scale the physical to scale a hatred pyre cold to fire conversion alongside a mings heart for 20% phys added as chaos with an infernal mantle? Lets get some elaboration on this item please.

I would say, scale physical damage and chaos damage in the tree and use Pyre ring with infernal mantle. For auras use hatred and herald of ash. Link your attack with added fire and other normal attack scaling gems but don't use cold to fire (use quality added chaos damage gem optionally).

This will give you 90% of your physical damage as extra fire damage, which will be converted at 25% to chaos damage

In total your base damage will be: (not counting added chaos gem)

25% physical
38% chaos
37% fire

So you'll want to scale physical and chaos damage in the skill tree. Scaling fire damage will come through the edge of madness and your physical/cold damage so is not really effective to scale that with fire nodes on the tree. It would be beneficial to get increased burning damage nodes though for good herald of ash scaling, since you'll be getting some damage over time nodes which are near chaos anyways.

I wouldn't use Viper strike because it won't add that much chaos damage sicne not much of your damage is physical and won't do any overkill. Use any attack that you would normally want to use to do good DPS with.

Shadow/scion has the best access to physical and chaos nodes so I'd start there. Not saying this tree will work at all, but it's a starting point http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6smlW1sUzVh4rVINj2btVVL8-rjhJ2qwzqMNioLdoJirGyMieDKSksKcFK00bTF5lhvnqk0idPIDNvnkx-DCWEGcNVHBkkTRnG32V3y0NC0DFKv6rqtSrtNDXxn_N1fV8ko-uvuuJOnCJ2uGmwWbySqNunjavGzS1fA45ykhxN3B-ywjAu5fPrSZp7AGhb5iDidipBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiQSzFE2paA9UinSiAPAfd-WCxwx9EH_GnhcvhtEksICk
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info