"Tip" for archer: full res ? not so much needed anymore.

Hi,

Well, this title can be seen as a troll. But as a matter of fact, I'm levelling a second archer since a few days with mainly ~50ish all res, because of Tabula Rasa. Why this armor? for the 6 slot obviously, which I use for PCoC.
This works in 1.2 thanks to the modification of King of the Hill cluster, which adds a TON of survivability to bow build. I think this works also because I have fairly good gear, which allow me to kill stuff pretty fast.

My defensive stats with this setup:

Here are some pictures of a decent map I've just made (clickable for bigger versions):

Spoiler

my split arrow stats for this map, without the 4 power charges:

which is... low :p. Because I had to remove all my auras whith BM on map.

The gear & links used:
Spoiler

Split Arrow, Chain, Faster Attack, PCoC, LgoH, BM (because I like playing BM on BM maps :o, just noticed that this support was useless :o)
Puncture, PPAD, Increase crit damage, Added Fire, WED

The tree used.

I can even manage elemental reflect with Tabula. But note that I still use my regular armor on maps which really need good res. But I miss the 6th slot so much. I really need to 6 socket this bow...

With this post I don't want to promote reckless glass canon gameplay. I'm just stating that it can be ok to play with average res in most situations up to mid 70 maps.

That's all folks!
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Well Mr Panini, I must say I do enjoy your posts.

However I think on this post, while I also share your longing for a 6 link armor (currently using a rather average 5 link), might you just be stating the obvious?

Really all you have done is the equivalent of accepting a map limitation of minus 18% resistance, which is quite a nice IIQ bonus BTW, and traded it off to wear a Tabula.

While I also share your pain and desire for a 6 link chest, my message to you is to hang in there, we will both find good armor someday.

Cheers

Last edited by Skywalkerfx on Sep 15, 2014, 1:50:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info