Intended useless unique items (Forbidden Taste)?

"
Yeah, lets remove all uniques that some player doesnt like. We would have no uniques then. :/

I'm pretty sure every single player ever loves Mgolger, da Gabber.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
investing passives into potions is an inherently bad idea by simple fact that potions can run out.

don't expect to perform well in end game if you rely on potions to do it . most good builds are built around removing life and mana potions as a main resource specifically because of that unreliability .

mana pots specifically , and the pots that have one use then dead are particularly clunky and not worth it.

(lol @ doedreas flask ..)

There is a difference between relying on potions only to sustain yourself and using potions just in bad situations.

You dont get constant damage over time in PoE, damage you take come in spikes, so potions are great to counter it. To counter spikes with passive defences you need to invest all you've got into defence.

And you dont sacrifice much by taking +80% flask life recovery from tree, those nodes provide maximum life as well (and we all like life nodes, right?), while remaining 15% is just one point for Maradeur. I dont know, how you can skip that with new powerful flasks.

Mana pots are still useful in 50% regen/no regen maps. Relying on them all the time is bad idea, though.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Well actually that's one interesting situation. The Flask definitly provides Life Recovery from a Flask :P

And since Profane Chemistry are awesome nodes it would be really easy to get 60%. The thing though is, you would have to use it when you are really low and in that case Panicked Flasks are likely better.
"
_wuv_ wrote:
"
kolton wrote:
It's only used for skin transfer.

people do this?

Yup, Taste looks bad ass and not much use for it anyway...

Pity, that as Taste is utility flask, skin can be applied only on utility flasks. I wish they change it, it would make taste much more useful unique.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
pales in comparison with veil of the night.

Veil of the night is the greatest troll unique/legendary in the history of gaming.
Get some chaos res and this flask is amazing. My Reaver has 60% chaos res and good leech, so I take next to no damage from the burn.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
investing passives into potions is an inherently bad idea by simple fact that potions can run out.

don't expect to perform well in end game if you rely on potions to do it . most good builds are built around removing life and mana potions as a main resource specifically because of that unreliability .

mana pots specifically , and the pots that have one use then dead are particularly clunky and not worth it.

(lol @ doedreas flask ..)

There is a difference between relying on potions only to sustain yourself and using potions just in bad situations.

You dont get constant damage over time in PoE, damage you take come in spikes, so potions are great to counter it. To counter spikes with passive defences you need to invest all you've got into defence.

And you dont sacrifice much by taking +80% flask life recovery from tree, those nodes provide maximum life as well (and we all like life nodes, right?), while remaining 15% is just one point for Maradeur. I dont know, how you can skip that with new powerful flasks.

Mana pots are still useful in 50% regen/no regen maps. Relying on them all the time is bad idea, though.

it is technically out of the way for most builds . and you would need to give up a handful of passive points taking more or less worthless 10 pt dex nodes to get to said potion nodes.

also i was refering to leech as the main method of survival , not regen as ggg as been continuously messing around with regen for a while now and the regen nodes are far less powerful than they were originally.

yes you use pots in pinches, but that is by no means a main method , pinch usually means abnormal situation.

in which case how valuable is a 1 time use potion anyway especially since most pinch situations take multiple flask uses to get out of.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 15, 2014, 12:58:49 PM
This is like spirit walk - jaunt from diablo 3. Can move unhindered and heal life :)
Trust me, the only useful application is for opening Strongboxes. It is for GTFO of the initial surprise if you are too lazy to even ID the box. You then need to heal yourself back with other ways. Saved my life with Strongboxes quite a few times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info