Having a few build problems

Mostly this build works, but I'm finding myself become squishier than I'd expect.

Ie. doing docks runs, and the boss dog (may it drown in ice water) often sends my HP plummeting (among other mobs - Lunaris/Solaris). I have capped resists (+- 1%). Not sure why, other than a potentially low HP pool.

My passives

My gear
Spoiler

Off the top of my head, I think my health pool is ~2400, and physical damage reduction is ~54%.

I'm less squishy when using Flicker strike, but things die pretty quickly with Infernal blow (2x FS dps).

Would appreciate advice, or any glaringly obvious things that I've missed.
Last edited by LordSyyn on Sep 13, 2014, 7:36:58 PM
Your skill tree is the problem here, I think. You're trying way too hard to make mana work. Just pick up a couple of Blood Magic gems and you can drop all those essentially wasted tree points and forget about resource management entirely. You've also put a bit much of a focus on armour in the tree, which is a lot worse than just grabbing more life. You want your tree to look more like this (not that that is necessarily optimal, since I put it together in a couple of minutes, plus you might need to take a few different nodes for the time being to cover lack of resists/life leech/whatever on gear). That has about the same or slightly more damage, a bit less armour, and a ton more life than your current tree. You want to be aiming for at least 150% increased life on the tree for endgame.

Other than that, I would not bother too much about Flicker Strike since your damage will not be able to sustain it to much higher levels without crits, and that Cast When Stunned of course needs to be replaced with a Cast When Damage Taken when possible. Plus, get yourself a 5L and get Multistrike into that setup ASAP! I think that's about it.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info