If You Are Newer To This Game And Are Finding It A Little Difficult To Grasp, Check This Out

"
"
FusionReactor wrote:
"
Find some skills you like, make a build around it. How hard can it be?

I have actually witnessed many new players leave this game because they didn't get help at the start. The game is much more complicated than finding skills you like and making a build around it. I know you know this. If a lot of these players got the information that is out here and maybe found a good guild to help them, they would have probably stayed and enjoyed the game, once they found out how fun it is once you get past that initial wtf do I do part.
The game just takes more than average effort. Imo the problem is lazyness, how hard is it to wiki some stuff?

It took me a good time as well before I found out how to build and gear my characters. Now I'm having lots of fun and actually look forward to playing.

When I hear a colleague saying "yea I stopped because the skilltree is so dazzling" I can't help thinking how he most likely didn't spend any time looking at it.

Instead, he rather plays Diablo 3.

The competive part (ladders/races) is great, I wish more games had a mindset like PoE. Nowadays it's all about achievements and killstreaks.

You say in your post "how hard is it to wiki some stuff?" implying that you had to look up shit for the game as well. That's precisely what this entire post is, a collaboration of everything you need to know about POE. Congratulations on contradicting yourself and looking like a retard. If someone finds this thread they were obviously looking for that information which means they weren't too lazy at all. In fact they're doing EXACTLY what you did.
"
PerpetualWar wrote:
Unfortunately, that offline skill tree calc link is broken. Any other source for it ?

I'll remove the link. They probably need to update it according to the patches/exp. I'll also see if there is another one out there but I doubt there is. Thanks for letting me know.
"
"
FusionReactor wrote:
"
Find some skills you like, make a build around it. How hard can it be?

I have actually witnessed many new players leave this game because they didn't get help at the start. The game is much more complicated than finding skills you like and making a build around it. I know you know this. If a lot of these players got the information that is out here and maybe found a good guild to help them, they would have probably stayed and enjoyed the game, once they found out how fun it is once you get past that initial wtf do I do part.
The game just takes more than average effort. Imo the problem is lazyness, how hard is it to wiki some stuff?

It took me a good time as well before I found out how to build and gear my characters. Now I'm having lots of fun and actually look forward to playing.

When I hear a colleague saying "yea I stopped because the skilltree is so dazzling" I can't help thinking how he most likely didn't spend any time looking at it.

Instead, he rather plays Diablo 3.

The competive part (ladders/races) is great, I wish more games had a mindset like PoE. Nowadays it's all about achievements and killstreaks.

I totally understand what you are saying but the purpose of this thread is to show new players there IS help out there that they may not have known about. Ya, those D3 players a quite the simpletons. Blizzard has a habit of catering to dull minds. I watched them do it for 16 years. It's sad how people just don't want to challenge themselves. Challenge is good for people. If we had everything handed to us, there would be no success-just a lot of numb-skulls with stuff they didn't deserve. This game is challenging but it's not in a bad way, at all. It's also not that hard once you get it down some. It's the initial start which scares people. The passive tree is a prime example. It's really not that bad once you take a good look at it and learn.
Last edited by FusionReactor on Oct 20, 2014, 4:48:26 AM
bumping again for new players
^
bumping again for noob benefits ;-)
Ziggy D's walkthrough for beginners is a bit outdated by now but I'm sure still pretty useful for people who just started out, defo worth checking out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zsakMbLXmQ
"
the4lmighty wrote:
Ziggy D's walkthrough for beginners is a bit outdated by now but I'm sure still pretty useful for people who just started out, defo worth checking out :)

Thanks for posting that. I'm sure it will help get some new players going at least. It also might inspire them to youtube some of the more latest POE vids there.
hoping all this bumping is actually helping new peeps ;-)
"

A lot of information crucial to new players cannot be found on the wiki.
Non exhaustive example list.
- Efficient farming zones, docks etc.
- Efficient levelling; running through certain zones.
- Using maps efficiently
- Useful flask mods to take, dispel freeze etc.
- Build weapon dependence;(spell vs attack)
- Group etiquette (MF culling in parties etc.)
Last edited by lemonades on Sep 24, 2014, 11:32:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info