Ephij, Crackling Sky. The EXACT type of OFF-SCREEN mob that ruined Invasion.

His orange lightning column repeatedly hits you from at least 2 (yes TWO) screens away, and when you get close enough he usually warps far off the screen to do it again.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Doesn't matter, he hits about as hard as a wet sock.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Doesn't matter, he hits about as hard as a wet sock.

ever been hit by with wet sock? it stings
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
I agree he wasn't difficult, however the damage output of a mob is irrelevant.

No mob mechanic should exist that allows them to focus fire an individual while hidden from view 2 screens away.
Why not? We can do it, only seems sporting to me, and yes I frequently kill things that are way off screen not with what you could always call focus fire mind you but I do frequently start moving after a pack dies and find things dead that were off screen...hell sometimes even around corners.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Go ask Invasion why not...

Us being able to do the same thing accidentally is not the point, that'dbe like saying why not let mobs port and heal up to full, or whatever else "we" can do.

Now, got a mob firing at your totem and it goes past and hits you a screen away -- fine that's to be expected. But a boss targeting and firing from 2 screens away is not.
If I remember correctly wasn't the issue more to do with being one shot from off screen and not having a chance to retaliate, than just the being targeted? Now if the mob in question was in fact one shotting anyone decently geared and built or wrecking them before anything could be done then yes I would say there is an issue.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
That skill hits for like 100 damage cmon!

"
Psomm wrote:
His orange lightning column repeatedly hits you from at least 2 (yes TWO) screens away, and when you get close enough he usually warps far off the screen to do it again.

oh come on, no though monster will ever ruin a though league.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
Zeshin wrote:
If I remember correctly wasn't the issue more to do with being one shot from off screen and not having a chance to retaliate, than just the being targeted? Now if the mob in question was in fact one shotting anyone decently geared and built or wrecking them before anything could be done then yes I would say there is an issue.
because, you know, it's a tendency
today it hits from offscreen for 100 dmg, tomorrow we will have new mob that hits for 100000 dmg.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info