Abaxoth fought by 3 players in a lvl 70 map!

So this guy is the control boss, the one extremely rare encounter? How many hours of /played you need before encountering it? Is there a zone level limit, like it spawns only in 60+ or something?

Was thinking to try the Beyond challenge, but I dunno.. if Ill have to farm for 200 hours before RNG hits, then its not worth it.

Also, GGG extreme hatred for melee confirmed :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 13, 2014, 12:24:08 PM
"
morbo wrote:
So this guy is the control boss, the one extremely rare encounter? How many hours of /played you need before encountering it? Is there a zone level limit, like it spawns only in 60+ or something?

Was thinking to try the Beyond challenge, but I dunno.. if Ill have to farm for 200 hours before RNG hits, then its not worth it.

Also, GGG extreme hatred for melee confirmed :P

I am level 89 with the character in the video, and with it, I have tried to force unique spawns lately. I have probably killed 50 or so unique spawns and have yet to spawn Abaxoth myself. I dont know how rare he is, but I would guess he is fairly rare. I havent seen him in screenshots or videos in maps beneath level 68 yet.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Why do people buy ugly mtx that make them look like retarded butterflies ?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
After seeing you tanking him quite well at times, and flameblasts not killing you when I assume you have under 80 resist fire (and no Ruby Flask) I was wondering if Abaxoth is really easy to kill for a Righteous Fire build. You just tank him and the flameblasts while the minions die to RF filling your flasks non-stop. What do you think?

EDIT: Can you give some info on your defense stats to get an idea? You were tanking him pretty well. How much armor/evasion/dodge/block/spell-dodge/spell-block/resists?

PD: Next time you may want to switch a gem or something for culling on a boss with so much health and Berserking :-P
Last edited by Kaemonarch on Sep 13, 2014, 2:29:51 PM
Nice deeps boys Kappa. But Gz.
IGN : @Morgoth
I love how after all that struggle to kill this ridiculously deadly and rare boss, he doesn't drop shit of value lmao. Risk vs Reward = still not there.

"
kasub wrote:

How does strategic use of flasks not add depth or strategy? Flask choice is very important when mapping.

Yes, flask choice does add depth and strategy, the issue is when you have random encounters such as rogue exiles. There is no way of knowing whether or not he will be in the next map you run (even if you rolled additional rogue exiles). Would you run a ruby flask just for the 0.1% chance of Magnus if it would be completely useless otherwise? That is not strategical in the slightest. On the other hand, bringing a topaz flask along for a Torture Chamber map DOES make sense, since you KNOW that the boss there will have lightning damage.
"
Kaemonarch wrote:
After seeing you tanking him quite well at times, and flameblasts not killing you when I assume you have under 80 resist fire (and no Ruby Flask) I was wondering if Abaxoth is really easy to kill for a Righteous Fire build. You just tank him and the flameblasts while the minions die to RF filling your flasks non-stop. What do you think?

EDIT: Can you give some info on your defense stats to get an idea? You were tanking him pretty well. How much armor/evasion/dodge/block/spell-dodge/spell-block/resists?

PD: Next time you may want to switch a gem or something for culling on a boss with so much health and Berserking :-P

You can't cull Abaxoth, sadly.

Also, my defenses are 529 armour, 4507 evasion rating, 40% dodge, 30% spell dodge, 96 life reg, 75% fire and cold res, 79% light res, -15% chaos res, 30% block and 30% spell block and lightning coil.

I never played RF build, but if you can deal with the phys damage I guess it could work?

"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

Abaxoth with 3 player hp and only 2 fighting him, and both of us using Arc which isnt exactlt the greatest single target spell, yep, takes time :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Sep 13, 2014, 2:34:16 PM
Well, 30% Spell Dodge and Block is quite the number, and you have 79% Lightning. Not sure if my RF character would be able to tank his lightning balls then.
"
CrazylikE wrote:

"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

Abaxoth with 3 player hp and only 2 fighting him, and both of us using Arc which isnt exactlt the greatest single target spell, yep, takes time :)

Yeah I know, Arc is pretty bad for single target. It took me some time to take Abaxoth down too.
IGN : @Morgoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info