Thanks for not telling me about hostel players POE....

I've played D1+D2 for at least 8 years, religiously. When I entered act 3 on POE and got attacked by a mob that happened to be a person... I was pissed. Where was the information that told me a pvp player was there!?? What happened to informing the player that other hostel players would be able to join your area and attack you??

There is a HUGE difference between pvm(pve) builds and Pvp builds... Don't even THINK of saying otherwise. You are a moron if you think there isn't. It really makes me hate the game I recently started playing a lot when you don't tell players of the pvp encounters. Seriously. TELL PLAYERS you are at least entering a hostel area. Don't just let them enter it and not know. Make a noise!!

Remember Diablo 2 how you copied it? Remember how it made a noise when you were hosteled towards another player and it would let you know? Please do that. Don't just let them swarm around the area. I really don't care if there isn't a penalty it till makes me furious as a player. LET THEM KNOW.

That is all.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Rogue Exile =/= Player.

The only way to PvP a player is either:

1. PVP via duel or arena from an NPC that you knowingly click.

2. Cutthroat leagues, which clearly state that other players can enter your instances.
I think this means they did a really good job on rogue exiles. They were supposed to be mimic real players in skills and behavior.
Got pwnd by some anarchist rogue exile?
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Lol, the OP must be new. Finds a rogue exile, thinks its a real player.

BTW, its hostile not hostel, a hostel is like a hotel.
"

LOOLLOLOOLLOMAOLOLLO

"
Natharias wrote:

2. Cutthroat leagues,

BTW Cutthroat leagues have never existed, and cutthroat RACES have always been a fail

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Kandamo on Sep 13, 2014, 7:41:07 AM
To the OP:

As others have said, those player-like, named mobs in some zones (random) are not actually players, but so-called "rogue exiles". They are mobs that were designed to behave a little like players. They tend to be stronger than the mobs around them, though they greatly differ in difficulty (also depends on your build). They are less of an issue later on, too. But yes, they are mobs/monsters, not players.

Outside of the PvP arena (which you have to join deliberately by selecting "join PvP"), there is only one other place in the regular game where PvP can happen: The Bandits quest in act2. If you and people in your party choose to help different bandits, you'll be considered hostiles. This has been a bit of a new-player trap especially in hardcore, where players falsely offer to help others with the Bandits quest, just to slay them. It is always best to do the Bandits quest solo.
"
Kandamo wrote:
"

LOOLLOLOOLLOMAOLOLLO

"
Natharias wrote:

2. Cutthroat leagues,

BTW Cutthroat leagues have never existed, and cutthroat RACES have always been a fail

I consider races to be leagues, since that's the bread and butter of Path of Exile.
Maybe the OP meant the old PK trick using the bandit quest?
Yeah, that sucks. Still: you need to read up on the wiki a bit.

Live and learn.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
Maybe the OP meant the old PK trick using the bandit quest?
Yeah, that sucks. Still: you need to read up on the wiki a bit.

Live and learn.

If you read the OP you would notice hes talking about an exile in his zone, not during bandit partying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info