I don't wanna level masters again in new leagues T_T

Just want to make sure my opinion is heard...

Masters should not be merged when the challenge league is over. You all make the choice to play the challenge league over the permanent leagues for what ever reason. That does not mean you should be able to claim both sides of the benefits.

With this reasoning I should be able to unlock achievements in the permanent leagues or buy the rewards from the shop.

Anything that's going to merge the Masters Exp/level and workbenches is a no from me.
You made your choice to play the challenge league, you also made your choice to farm the master levels taking into consideration your time involved leveling them against leveling/faming to get to the top of the ladder.

As for the hideouts/decorations, I could maybe agree to a persistent hideout, this could lead onto guild hideouts.

Please GGG, dont merge the masters.
Last edited by RootCookie on Sep 16, 2014, 1:32:07 PM
"
RootCookie wrote:

Masters should not be merged when the challenge league is over. You all make the choice to play the challenge league over the permanent leagues for what ever reason. That does not mean you should be able to claim both sides of the benefits.

With this reasoning I should be able to unlock achievements in the permanent leagues or buy the rewards from the shop.

Anything that's going to merge the Masters Exp/level and workbenches is a no from me.
You made your choice to play the challenge league, you also made your choice to farm the master levels taking into consideration your time involved leveling them against leveling/faming to get to the top of the ladder.

As for the hideouts/decorations, I could maybe agree to a persistent hideout, this could lead onto guild hideouts.

No.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"

We also made that choice knowing that masters would move to the parent league at the end of the temp league. Probably would have made a different choice if that wasn't the case. Would be pretty messed up for them to change the rules halfway through the season. Besides how does me brining my masters to standard effect you? By the end of temp league I'm sure there will be plenty of people in standard with level 8 masters anyway so me bringing mine won't effect you. Other then you won't be able to take advantage of me if I decide to stay in standard.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
RootCookie wrote:

No.

Yes.
"
RootCookie wrote:

Merging them into Standard/HC was already announced and is consistent with everything else getting merged.
Maybe allow just one master level to be inherited? It sorta provide some decision planning to the game aspect.

Leveling the master in leagues isn't really a big problem, the mods that a level 4/5 master provides are already very good. You didn't need super items to play the game before the expansion, why would it be any "more" difficult? It is not like you have tons of currency available to craft right away at the start of a league anyway. Besides, leveling a master to 4-5 is quite easy.
"
RootCookie wrote:

You did not think it through, did you? Why should my gear, my gems, my everything "merge" to Standard as it did over and over before, but not the Masters? I think you are just trolling.
I don't want master progress to carry over to the new temp leagues. That would be against the spirit of temp leagues (fresh start and all that).

However, the grind needs adjustment. Who actually wants to grind masters every single temp league? It would get boring exceptionally fast. Actually, it's all ready boring.

What I propose is accounting for temporary league length.

If it takes months of legit master farming to max them out in a permanent league, then it could take a proportional amount of time to do so in a 3- or 4-month temporary league. People shouldn't have to spend 1/2 to 2/3 of a temporary league getting one (or more) master(s) to level 8.

Permanent leagues have been messed up, so I can't see any argument based on that being anything other than pointless and rhetorical. Decent items cost exalts. Most everyone has countless "(Remove Only)" stash tabs with no where for the contents to go. And I assume a vast majority (can't see the numbers myself, but standard town instances tend to be fairly barren) of the playerbase plays on temp leagues when they exist, and/or races when a race season is on.

As things stand, I'm not bothering with the new league when it comes out unless the mechanics are actually interesting. If this same grind exists for that league: no thanks, I'd rather play standard.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on Sep 17, 2014, 3:04:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info