Locking FPS to 120 without Vsync?

I was wondering if there was some way to lock the FPS in PoE to like 100~120. I have a 60 Htz monitor problem is, Vsync causes a ton of input lag (on a 5ms monitor, and with Vsync it turns it into a 16.67ms one)and I don't wanna let the FPS run wild and cause my GPU to generate unnecessary heat.
Why do you want 120FPS if you have a 60Hz monitor?

You're doing twice the work for no reason. In Path of Exile, there is no benefit to processing more frames than can be rendered. You'd be better off just locking to 60FPS. You can do either without vsync using a frame limiter.

In the case of nvidia, you can use nvidia inspector to limit your framerate. There are guides online for how to do that. I'm not sure what the AMD/CCC equivalent is.

But you should really consider using 60FPS instead of 120FPS if your monitor is 60Hz.

"
Drakier wrote:
Why do you want 120FPS if you have a 60Hz monitor?

You're doing twice the work for no reason. In Path of Exile, there is no benefit to processing more frames than can be rendered. You'd be better off just locking to 60FPS. You can do either without vsync using a frame limiter.

In the case of nvidia, you can use nvidia inspector to limit your framerate. There are guides online for how to do that. I'm not sure what the AMD/CCC equivalent is.

But you should really consider using 60FPS instead of 120FPS if your monitor is 60Hz.

The reason is limiting the FPS causes input lag at 60FPS, its easily see-able by pressing F1 in game. I tested it, when I left Vsync off my Frametime was anywhere from 5~8ms, with Vsync on and the game locked to 60 FPS the frame time was 16.67ms.
Last edited by blademyth on Sep 12, 2014, 7:23:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info