Failed Update

PoE was updating until a nice little window popped up and said, "An error occurred while updating Path of Exile (corrupt content files)".

How is this fixed? What file openers might I need to fix this? I haven't the Pack Check program nor do I have the "Grinding Gear Games" folder in the My Programs file.
I assume you are NOT using Steam since you are doing a separate patching... is that correct?

If so, you should download the ggpk_defragment application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post. Save it into your Path of Exile folder (where Path of Exile is installed to). By default this should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\

After you have that, go locate it in the Path of Exile folder, right-click on it, then select "Run as Administrator".

Let that run and it should work. Once that is done, if there is an error, post it. If not, then locate the PackCheck.exe, right-click on that, and run it as administrator the same way. Once the PackCheck.exe is done, locate the PathOfExile.exe and run that one as admin.

After all those things, it should work fine. If not, please provide the latest errors. Might also be worth checking the Client.txt log file for error. IF it is too large, delete the Client.txt log file and it will be re-created the next time you launch Path of Exile.

Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info