1.2.2 Deployment and Item Issue

"
Mivo wrote:
I still think a public test server would be a good idea. Not one that's up for weeks or months, just a few days prior to a patch. Bit extra work, but yields better testing than any in-house team will produce (regardless of how good the testers are).

They do this in Star Trek Online. Every patch is pushed through to a public test server, so they can get feedback very early and directly. Granted, running parallel world servers might be a hassle--then again, we have how many Leagues running now?

For STO, you copy over a character from live to the test server, and it's wiped after each update. So you can play around with current gear/new stuff and puzzle it out. It seems to work very well for that.

"
Chris wrote:
The bows and wands have been restored. The Shockwave totem fix cast speed will be in 1.2.2b, soon.

I have to say, although this was disappointing, it's very nice you folks tackled this so quickly. But moreso, the communication is spectacular. Most other companies would be silent while fixes were brewing, only to tell everyone after the fact what went wrong (if at all). The steady updates on this thread were reassuring and informative.

Thank you GGG. Hope the fixes go smoothly.
Last edited by senselockePOE on Sep 12, 2014, 3:04:48 AM
"
senselockePOE wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
I still think a public test server would be a good idea. Not one that's up for weeks or months, just a few days prior to a patch. Bit extra work, but yields better testing than any in-house team will produce (regardless of how good the testers are).

They do this in Star Trek Online. Every patch is pushed through to a public test server, so they can get feedback very early and directly. Granted, running parallel world servers might be a hassle--then again, we have how many Leagues running now?

For STO, you copy over a character from live to the test server, and it's wiped after each update. So you can play around with current gear/new stuff and puzzle it out. It seems to work very well for that.

"
Chris wrote:
The bows and wands have been restored. The Shockwave totem fix cast speed will be in 1.2.2b, soon.

I have to say, although this was disappointing, it's very nice you folks tackled this so quickly. But moreso, the communication is spectacular. Most other companies would be silent while fixes were brewing, only to tell everyone after the fact what went wrong (if at all). The steady updates on this thread were reassuring and informative.

Thank you GGG. Hope the fixes go smoothly.

Agreed, less than 24 hours all things back to normal for me and my wife. Sh*t happens, mistakes get made, but in the end, they did a VERY professional job with player reassurance and satisfaction in mind. Better than any of the bigger game companies out there.
Tri Curse Freezing Ball Lightning Witch - view-thread/1483161
-------------------------------------------------------
General Martinus' Spoils of War - view-thread/419523
-------------------------------------------------------
Proud Alpha Tester, helping shape the world of Wraeclast
"

Agreed, less than 24 hours all things back to normal for me and my wife. Sh*t happens, mistakes get made, but in the end, they did a VERY professional job with player reassurance and satisfaction in mind. Better than any of the bigger game companies out there.

To put this in comparison, ESO took over THREE WEEKS to fix an FPS bug that made the game pretty much unplayable for about a third of our guild.
While it did suck and caused me some panic at first, i would like to say thanks again for restoring my bow and skill gems within a few hours when the original post said it would be a few days. I was in contact with support and they also emailed a few times. The communication with support had been fantastic in the past when i needed them and yesterday was no exception. Thanks you.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info