This game is in dire need of an optimization patch...

Guys, why do you use AMD instead of CPU and Radeon instead of videoadapters?! CPU can be only Intel and videoadapter can only be nVidia.
"
LovePutin wrote:
Guys, why do you use AMD instead of CPU and Radeon instead of videoadapters?! CPU can be only Intel and videoadapter can only be nVidia.

wat. Google AMD and Radeon. Please.

On topic:
Optimization needed, from like open beta. Also, character models aren't the best thing in the world. - Templar wants his pants back.

With all dem cool microtrasactions, it seems a little odd that base models are THAT bad. We could just cover our toons in microtrasactions, but what if we pick those which doesn't cover all of it?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Ive been playing for a while, (since beta) and ive noticed something...

This games optimization is pretty bad...

there is alot of stuttering... alot...

Since FM has been launched... strongboxes lagg... there has been alot of stuttering when going into crafting menu's...

My biggest peeve is the stuttering at the moment... when hillock (i think) leaps on you... it sutters you for 2 seconds, then you struggle to survive, in some cases anyway...

It has actually come to the point where i had to upgrade almost everything, excluding PSU and HDD...

I went from a r9 270 to an r9 290x, because of the lagg (WHICH IS STILL THERE)
An AMD fx 6300 to an AMD fx 8350 with watercooling (thinking it was an overheated CPU issue)\
8GB ram to 32GB ram... for personal preferance...

Why GGG... you have so much time on your hands... why isnt there an optimization patch yet?

well if u would have bee monitoring ur bardwareresources, u would have realized pretty quick that it isnt ur hardware.
upgrading gpu ram etc was pretty much useless for playing poe.
the system resources needed to play the game aint that high. since 1.2 there are a lot issues with shadows and lightning ingame.
8gb ram=enuff, the game needs less then 3gb
gpu - got no exact value whats needed but r9 270 is more than enuff. load should be ~50-70% max, same with fan speed
amd seems to have issues - more issues - with the game since 1.2 (having an amd myself)
cpu - poe is 32bit based and is also not that ressource hungry (<30% load while playing for me on a 3770k)

it's just the game itself - and yes iam with u, it needs to be optimized - and it will be =)
"
cambro wrote:
"
An AMD fx 6300 to an AMD fx 8350 with watercooling (thinking it was an overheated CPU issue)\

Instead of a likely unneeded 32GB of RAM, you could have easily gotten a top quality SSD and 16GB of RAM. You might as well use the RAM as a RAMdisk.

RAMdisk is also not needed, trafic on HDD is not that high aswell - SSD is more than enuff.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Sep 12, 2014, 4:55:26 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
LovePutin wrote:

Google outputs lots of images with garbages of every sort. Obviously amd, radeon and garbage are synonyms. Actually they are. OP needs a normal PC or laptop with Intel/nVidia inside, not a box with garbage electronics. Amd and radeon are ok for home appliances like microwave oven, dish washing machine and etc.
Last edited by LovePutin on Sep 12, 2014, 5:10:22 AM
"
LovePutin wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
LovePutin wrote:

Google outputs lots of images with garbages of every sort. Obviously amd, radeon and garbage are synonyms. Actually they are. OP needs a normal PC or laptop with Intel/nVidia inside, not a box with garbage electronics. Amd and radeon are ok for home appliances like microwave oven, dish washing machine and etc.

why should i spend even more money just to suit your little needs?

Nothing is wrong with AMD/Radeon...
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
amd processors were once better than intel. now they're garbage i agree. also i dont think ati/amd or w/e you want to call it GPUS are good for gaming. had few atis (amds) and wasnt happy with them.

but this game either has memory leaks or something, it simply cant eat up that much ram, no way.
Last edited by sluz on Sep 12, 2014, 7:40:22 AM
Hey, this game is not optimzed cause they can't deal with it.GGG is too small company they dont have any idea how to do it.

This game only use ONE core of your cpu if you use AMD its bade cause AMD has lower IPC then intel cpus,
thats why this causes problem for you.

Btw i play this game on 2560x1440 wiht GTX Titan and 4770k @ 4.5 Ghz even this setup is not good enough to keep my fps @ 144 it often drops to 50-60 fps if there is a lot of action (open box,exploed etc.).
But if you have an addition monitor you can proof just open taskmanger an see how the cores look like.

My grapic card is often at 30-50% load max. So it's CPU bottleneck. And cpu Intel > Amd. You Graficcard dont matter here.

-->

"
Joel_GGG wrote:
I can't comment on this game, but I know most games use a single cpu core because multicore support is really difficult with games due to their real-time nature, or something. The source engine took a long time to support it and they have many more developers than we do.

Because of this I generally go for higher per-core clock speed than multi-core when selecting a CPU.

Here is some help it does not solve the issue but helps a bit:

Create a shortcut like this:

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /high /affinity F0 /d "D:\games\Path of Exile" "D:\games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe""

If should help a bit.
Last edited by derbe on Sep 12, 2014, 8:09:39 AM
Yeah.. I'm running two R9 290x now, but it's not as smooth as I'd hoped. Other games never give me problems, but PoE has weird static/white noise occasionally.
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
"
derbe wrote:
Hey, this game is not optimzed cause they can't deal with it.GGG is too small company they dont have any idea how to do it.

This game only use ONE core of your cpu if you use AMD its bade cause AMD has lower IPC then intel cpus,
thats why this causes problem for you.

Btw i play this game on 2560x1440 wiht GTX Titan and 4770k @ 4.5 Ghz even this setup is not good enough to keep my fps @ 144 it often drops to 50-60 fps if there is a lot of action (open box,exploed etc.).
But if you have an addition monitor you can proof just open taskmanger an see how the cores look like.

My grapic card is often at 30-50% load max. So it's CPU bottleneck. And cpu Intel > Amd. You Graficcard dont matter here.

-->

"
Joel_GGG wrote:
I can't comment on this game, but I know most games use a single cpu core because multicore support is really difficult with games due to their real-time nature, or something. The source engine took a long time to support it and they have many more developers than we do.

Because of this I generally go for higher per-core clock speed than multi-core when selecting a CPU.

Here is some help it does not solve the issue but helps a bit:

Create a shortcut like this:

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /high /affinity F0 /d "D:\games\Path of Exile" "D:\games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe""

If should help a bit.

tried this earlier by posting a "guide" how to set "fix cpus to use" to the game while starting it:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786186
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
Ive been playing for a while, (since beta) and ive noticed something...

This games optimization is pretty bad...

there is alot of stuttering... alot...

Since FM has been launched... strongboxes lagg... there has been alot of stuttering when going into crafting menu's...

My biggest peeve is the stuttering at the moment... when hillock (i think) leaps on you... it sutters you for 2 seconds, then you struggle to survive, in some cases anyway...

It has actually come to the point where i had to upgrade almost everything, excluding PSU and HDD...

Why GGG... you have so much time on your hands... why isnt there an optimization patch yet?

Aer you any good at engine programming? If so, shut the fuck up and move there, otherwise, bide your damn time. If you wont help fix the problem, bitching about it only makes you look like a jackass.
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info