This game is in dire need of an optimization patch...

Ive been playing for a while, (since beta) and ive noticed something...

This games optimization is pretty bad...

there is alot of stuttering... alot...

Since FM has been launched... strongboxes lagg... there has been alot of stuttering when going into crafting menu's...

My biggest peeve is the stuttering at the moment... when hillock (i think) leaps on you... it sutters you for 2 seconds, then you struggle to survive, in some cases anyway...

It has actually come to the point where i had to upgrade almost everything, excluding PSU and HDD...

I went from a r9 270 to an r9 290x, because of the lagg (WHICH IS STILL THERE)
An AMD fx 6300 to an AMD fx 8350 with watercooling (thinking it was an overheated CPU issue)\
8GB ram to 32GB ram... for personal preferance...

Why GGG... you have so much time on your hands... why isnt there an optimization patch yet?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Hopefully fridays patch has some fixes in. If it doesn't then I'm taking a break until my SSD gets here. Game is slowly becoming unplayable without one.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
yeah man, i agree... i dont want to get an SSD because i blew everything on my upgrades i mentioned lmao
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
AMD? huge mistake right there, that's 90% of your problems
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
I went from a r9 270 to an r9 290x, because of the lagg (WHICH IS STILL THERE)
An AMD fx 6300 to an AMD fx 8350 with watercooling (thinking it was an overheated CPU issue)\
8GB ram to 32GB ram... for personal preferance...

Instead of a likely unneeded 32GB of RAM, you could have easily gotten a top quality SSD and 16GB of RAM. You might as well use the RAM as a RAMdisk.
SSD is probably the most important innovation in domestic computers in the last 10 years. It is really a life changer.
That being said, I agree the game needs optimization, especially on disk access.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Sep 11, 2014, 3:10:38 PM
Chris said on Reddit that localizations (Chinese, German, Spanish, French?) are pretty much over and now they will focus on graphics optimization.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
+ memory usage optimization. FM made it much worse on 32b systems. In runs out of memory when changing areas, and crashes very often (depends on how large the areas are, the worst are A3x areas). Very annoying vithout a SSD.. Often happens when going to someones hideout for trade :/

I know that it is 2014 and people are supposed to have 64b systems, but Im pretty sure that high % of players do not. Just take a look at support furum section..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
OP, if you've got 32 gigs of ram just use ramdisk to play PoE.
ign: ecogen
My i5 3750 with 8gb ram and 7850hd are choking when one coc guy is doing "dat mess" on screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info