Pillar of the Caged God: Why not Lightning Strike?

Seriously, why not?
Pretty much and PotCG build I see uses Sweep, with Cyclone or Ground Slam maybe being an option. Why not use Lightning Strike? It's got a higher base damage % so all of that strength would get you even more damage. So really, why not?
For what i have notice, using lightning Strike is only viable at high lvls and with good support gem, unlike the ground slam or cyclone that by themselves is pretty good to farm or rush. Well im build an Lightning Strike Templar, but is realy late game, so im farming for the itens to make it possible.
Lightning strike isn't really the best skill. The main problem is that the projectiles don't shotgun so the projectiles are useless for single-target. The best use of lightning strike is for safely killing enemies at range. If damage is what you are most concerned about, I've found that Molten Strike works best.
To get the most out of lightning strike you'd need to shock, which requires either crit or the Shock chance nodes. Staves have pretty good crit nodes, but with PotCG you're not getting crit, you're getting Strength. It's not bad with Iron Grip, since your strength will be so high anyway. You also would probably want 20% quality on Lightning Strike for the pierce chance, so you don't need to use a slot for the pierce gem, and you'll struggle to get good multi-target damage otherwise.

A possible build may be Iron Grip with Molten Strike as single target/close range, and Lighting Strike as a ranged attack.
"
mackster wrote:
To get the most out of lightning strike you'd need to shock, which requires either crit or the Shock chance nodes. Staves have pretty good crit nodes, but with PotCG you're not getting crit, you're getting Strength. It's not bad with Iron Grip, since your strength will be so high anyway. You also would probably want 20% quality on Lightning Strike for the pierce chance, so you don't need to use a slot for the pierce gem, and you'll struggle to get good multi-target damage otherwise.

A possible build may be Iron Grip with Molten Strike as single target/close range, and Lighting Strike as a ranged attack.

My pillar build has a 20k glacial hammer (with splash) thanks to crit.
Even a 6.5% base will do better than not going crit.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Same have a 30k Pillard CRIT LS or MS either, i swap gem if needed, and only with 4l.

Staff crit node are strong

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info