Showcase your Hideouts!

Path of Sims. :D
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
ok, nice but and what about desync?
My frustration with FM is compounding... snowballing if you will.

Solo play is being penalized by low level dailies and low "in the wild" spawn rates. Party play is unaffected by spawn rate since you can simply join parties that have already found a master. If none are available, you can increase the effective spawn rate by having each player search different instances. Party play is less effected by spawn rate by a factor of at least N, where N is the number of people partying.

HC play is being penalized by having level 4 masters gain no rep when doing missions on subsequent play-throughs after death. This is a double-wammy because in order to progress in master levels, you have to face challenges likely to kill you without regard to expected levels of difficult for the area they were assigned in. It's not dying that's so bad... it's dying and then recieving 0 rep gains on subsequent characters. HC play is about improving through a sequence of characters, and this dynamic doesn't allow for that.

Self-found play is considered deviant. The difficulty of the masters missions is balanced based on trading for nearly optimal gear. Self found play is preferred by many players of ARPGs. By designing a game in this genre to exclude these players, you're cutting your revenues. It's not about difficulty. I chose self-found because I prefer it to having someone else play my game for me. I'd like to think this wasn't "deviant".

A little frustration is fine. Overcoming it gives us a sense of accomplishment. Frustration compounded by further frustration isn't fine. It will hit your income stream and create a game fewer and fewer will want to play.

Cut it out.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 10, 2014, 11:40:06 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
My frustration with FM is compounding... snowballing if you will.

Solo play is being penalized by low level dailies and low "in the wild" spawn rates.

Spawn rate in a party is exactly the same as solo. Dailies of party member doesnt bring significant xp to you.

"

HC play is being penalized by having level 4 masters gain no rep when doing missions on subsequent play-throughs after death. This is a double-wammy because in order to progress in master levels, you have to face challenges likely to kill you without regard to expected levels of difficult for the area they were assigned in.

You are penalized of dying in HC ? OMG that's tragic.

"

Self-found play is considered deviant. The difficulty of the masters missions is balanced based on trading for nearly optimal gear.

SFP is deviant yes, why would you complain about the additionnal difficulty you decide to face ?

"

A little frustration is fine. Overcoming it gives us a sense of accomplishment. Frustration compounded by further frustration isn't fine. It will hit your income stream and create a game fewer and fewer will want to play.

you decide to play solo selffound in HC league, so I assume you like to take the hard way...
Wondering why you are asking now for an easy game ?
IGN TylordRampage
I didn't ask for an easy game. I asked that the game designers not create a frustrating game. Difficult is great. Frustrating sucks.
I don't understand why any of this is surprising to you, Shags. You didn't really think any of the new stuff was ever intended to encourage and help along a solo, non-trading style of play.

Ideally and ultimately, GGG would like only multiplaying market sim type players.

The evolving design of PoE is a grand experiment to see how long players like you will hold on to your resolve.

Ever feel like you're in a fishbowl? :D

More like a rat in a maze.
Can't wait to see all those pleb hideouts with rugs under crafting benches and masters in cages.
IGN: Shadow_the_Exilehog
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS XD

This was something i suggested to Bex_GGG and he said he'd pass it on to the team...AND YOURE ACTUALLY DOING IT XDD
This is sooo cool :D

Thanks a lot guys, i truly love PoE and its community <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info