hows my build so far?

ok, so this is my first character so far;
lvl 54 marauder, standard league

he's an off tank i guess, too used to playing tanks to go full DPS and i didn't feel like going tank in this game, figured a change of pace would be nice. Only time i die is when i get overwhelmed with DPS/1 hit killed or stunlocked/slowed to death( ya, i know, need to get that 1 passive). I see too many all elemental resist mobs too often(seriously, there is at least 1 mob type in every single map i get with it on, plus the bosses always have it) to use elemental damage and i don't want to waste stats/mod or w/e trying to get enough int for curses. debating about the pro's and cons of getting blood magic. oh, and i don't party, i always solo everything(it been my experience while playing RPG's that good party members are hard to come by and teamwork is 100% non-existent with random people)

passives so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecJlhQgFPYYkRkuHOcg8CE0JyAnLyftNI42ujboOzs9_EE_ROdGaVBHUeZW2VcNWD1YY1ivXz9gkWDEZKNp_moeajtr2W6Xcql3U3uMgSuDsYY7hymMz5SHnsWkrKcwqBipc6yqtC-8n8EExtjSIdlh37Ljn-sJ7w7yL_Kc9kj3Mve-_9M=

skills:
Spoiler
main attack - heavy strike/life leach/melee phys dmg/melee slash
2nd attack - sweep/life gain on hit/knockback/stun
aura - determination/reduced mana
totem - rejuvenation totem/cast when damage taken

items: um, idk how to link items.

stats:
1397life/299mana
229str/44dex/60int
offense:
Spoiler

DPS: 986.1
accuracy/chance to hit: 531/82%
critical chance: 5%
stun threshold reduction: 34%
life leech(not including the gem): 3%
mana leech: 2%
life gain on hit/kill: 4/34
mana on kill: 1
stun duration mod: 136%

defensive:
Spoiler
defense: 3257(53%)
evasion: 241 (11%)
energy shield: 51
life/mana regen: 21/5
fire resist: 75% (94%)
cold resist: 75% (79%)
lightning resist: 75(82%)
chaos resist: -14%

flasks: 2 hp, 2 mp, 1 amethyst nothing special

Looks fine for starting. I'd recommend dropping sweep for cyclone because end game sweep falls off and is pretty much useless. That's the skill i used to level to about 50. I'm level 90 now with cyclone. As you level you will start to get gear with more and more resists so you will be able to refund any points youve used on resists as you wont need them later on... get more life nodes when you can. Also for heavy strike id swap out melee splash for either faster attacks or added fire damage and use that skill as a boss killer. Or keep doing it on your own and figuring it out.. that's usually the funnest way to go.
usually when i need to take down a boss i swap splash out for knockback(with it, knockback chance is 100%) if splash isnt cutting it and if boss dps hurts it will make him hit less but i do go for added fire when he isnt resist. I was going to start grabbing more dmg nodes next, but if you think i need more hp than dps, i can for for those. if i can get a 5 or 6l gear fast attack would be a good add either way, also, i need to start trading, i need more gems. until i get a 2nd melee phys dmg gem i mostly use sweep to get mobs off my back and get me enough space to use heavy w/o being overwhelmed. so far with splash on heavy it works fine as an aoe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info