Two-Handed Weapons Viable?

I personally think be able to wear Kaoms and still run a 6L is a huge advantage. Block is strong, yes. But to have solid block chance and decent DPS I am stuck between 5-6k life. That's with far above average gear. If I were BiS across the board I would prob cap out at 6500 life.

I should also mention, while block IS powerful, not wearing a shield gives you the opportunity to spend those nodes elsewhere IE. More DPS, more life, more armor/evasion, resists, AoE, etc.

If you've ever PVP'd with MullaXul you'll see what I mean. Makes me question using block.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
kasub wrote:
"

Edit: I am probably driving you nuts, but heh, trying to make a 2H single-target build viable drove me nuts too. :(

eh?.. I used a single target heavystrike/doublestrike with many two hand builds. You still use a secondary skill to AoE enemies. It's not exactly an issue. That's pretty much the premise of two hand stun builds that have heavystrike as a pure singletarget for bosses.

Saying molten strike is not a melee skill is beyond misleading. Increasing AoE is not effective on it and you're not going to be at range like lightning strike. Everyone who uses moltenstrike is going to be meleeing enemies at point blank range.

I never said Molten Strike is not a melee skill, I just said it is a quasi melee skill. Not your traditional melee skill like Heavy Strike, Double Strike, Glacial Hammer, and Dual Strike (but that is just dual-wielding) for example, if you do not use melee splash.

As to answer your first paragraph, I have done the same thing, but the majority of the time I end up falling back to AoE/Projectiles skills because it is better in every situation with the exception when I want to puncture just one target (to further decrease the boss's defense), but I do that with dual-wielding since I have a decent amount of crit.

Try to single-target (do not use Molten Strike, that would defeat the purpose along with a 2h mirror weapon and kaom's heart) in every situation with a 2H build, and see how far you can go? It is not a challenge, but just curiosity how far you can go in lvl 74+ rare maps.

Edit: Actually, I am not sure why I am trying to ask for optimal build. More like how far you can go in 70+ maps with single-targeting?
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 13, 2014, 3:43:57 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Try to single-target (do not use Molten Strike, that would defeat the purpose along with a 2h mirror weapon and kaom's heart) in every situation with a 2H build, and see how far you can go? It is not a challenge, but just curiosity how far you can go in lvl 74+ rare maps.

Uhh what? Why would you do that? Just as you wouldn't try to use Ice Spear on every single mob or try and use Burning Arrow to single target mobs down in a pack, this has never been the aim of the game.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Uhh what? Why would you do that? Just as you wouldn't try to use Ice Spear on every single mob or try and use Burning Arrow to single target mobs down in a pack, this has never been the aim of the game.

And you gave me range skills (killing monsters off-screen is another form of defense), which you can get away with single targeting by chaining or forking or both or hell, piercing if you skip chaining/forking. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 13, 2014, 3:46:40 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

And you gave me range skills (killing monsters off-screen is another form of defense), which you can get away with single targeting by chaining or forking or both or hell, piercing if you skip chaining/forking. lol

No, you can put splash on Double Strike and Heavy Strike. Saying you won't just for the lols is just contrived, using Ice Spear or burnnig arrow without chain or pierce is just the same. You would never do that.
"
Chundadragon wrote:

No, you can put splash on Double Strike and Heavy Strike. Saying you won't just for the lols is just contrived, using Ice Spear or burnnig arrow without chain or pierce is just the same. You would never do that.

Chain and fork works differently than that of Melee Splash, I dare say that chain/fork are almost similar to that of Multistrike. The closest thing for range that is like melee splash are LMP/GMP.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 13, 2014, 4:01:15 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Chain and fork works differently than that of Melee Splash, I dare say that chain/fork are almost similar to that of Multistrike. The closest thing for range that is like melee splash are LMP/GMP.

I'm not arguing on any skill functions, I'm just saying the example of single-targetting down everything is non-existant in any real application and is extremely contrived to consider.
"
Chundadragon wrote:

I'm not arguing on any skill functions, I'm just saying the example of single-targetting down everything is non-existant in any real application and is extremely contrived to consider.

I already said that 2H weapons are viable in a sense if you use AoE and/or Projectiles in a build.

Thus this begs another question, is 2H weapon viable with single-target melee skill?

I already tested out on two of my dual-wielding builds with single target skill (no melee splash), and it done very well.

Though, for one of my builds has evasion with Ondar, Acro, Phase acro, instant life leech (with one of my weps), and a bit of block/spell block, so he did fine.

The other build uses block/spell block (DW can block), evasion/armor(with a little bit of armor), stun avoidance (heart of oak), Ondar, Acro (Daresso's Defiance further increases the value of Acro), and Phase acro. He did a bit too well.

What I did not mentioned for the most part, can be applied to 2H builds.

- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 13, 2014, 4:17:17 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Thus this begs another question, is 2H weapon viable with single-target melee skill?

I'll save you some time testing and I'll tell you yes it is viable obviously but no-one in their right mind would use it when you can just link Melee Splash to it and save yourself a headache.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I'll save you some time testing and I'll tell you yes it is viable obviously but no-one in their right mind would use it when you can just link Melee Splash to it and save yourself a headache.

And this was where a couple of posters and I (a few page back) tried to come up with a keystone that would only benefit 2H melee single target skill offensively (I think they do not need much offense to begin with, since they are fine in this department) and defensively (for the most part needs a lot of help).
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info